User "dog92570" banned - 31-Dec-2006

jbeletti

This user was banned for the following reason:

Within 50 minutes of each other, two new users were registered from the same computer (same IP address). The other new user (not banned) is a RV dealer.

Jim
Admin

K

Ken Washington

You the man, Jim! Thanks for keeping those type of people off the forum. Really enjoy reading the post from everyone here and learn so much that I know will come in handy in the future. By the way, "HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone!

Ken

5erWonk

Thanks Jim....Just this afternoon I recieved an email from this same guy pitching a Bighorn at Richardson's RV in Riverside, CA.

I was surprised RV sales#2@!! were allowed to solicit from the forum.:D

jbeletti

Thanks everyone for your comments on this.

I feel that allowing dealers to be members of the forum is beneficial to them and to other members. I can see the potential benefit to all parties when the dealer community has their finger on the pulse of the Heartland owners and prospects community.

That said, what dealers do when they know how current owners and prospects feel - varies by dealership. Hopefully mostly 'good will' comes from it.

Of course, sales leads too can come from the forum and they would be silly to not use the opportunity (without commercial posting/solicitation).

So everyone knows, you can go into the User CP link and modify your personal settings so that you cannot receive email and or PMs from forum users.

And this last summer, I modified the way emails are sent where email addresses are not seen by the sender. The recipient sees the sender's email address and if they reply to that email, the sender will then see the recipient's email address.

Happy New Year everyone!

Jim