Construction time ?

billm

Can't speak about BH but my Big Country only took 3 days. I was told that all customer orders jump ahead of Dealer stock orders.

jbeletti

Farmer - the actual time in-plant from start to finish is 2 days.

We build many of the elements in our own plants then shuttle them over to the main assembly plant. So wall, floors, roofs, counters etc are made at our other plants in the same business park, then trucked over to the plant where the RV is build/assembled. A bare frame goes in one door and a finished unit comes out a door at the other end. The unit goes through about 15 stations before it is completed.

Pretty neat process. If you ever get the chance, come to the factory for a tour.

That all said, the ordering cycle varies, but is general 6 to 8 weeks. Very soon here, we'll be going into a longer cycle. Up to 12 weeks. this will be due to the large number of orders dealers will place with us during the industry trade show next week in Louisville.

So unless your dealer has orders in already, that can be converted to a "retail sold" order for you, then consideration may be given to buying a unit from dealer stock - if timing for you is an issue.

Jim

FARMER45

Thanks for the reply. I had no idea how long it would take to build one. I would love to be able to take a factory tour some day. We have a BH 3610 on order, I think it will be built next week.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Farmer45, I betcha there will be factories tours at the Heartland Rally in Goshen this coming June. A fun time for all.

jbeletti

Good call Jim G - there will be factory tours :)

Farmer - join the contingent representing the great state of Texas and mosey on down to Goshen for the rally in June.

Seriously, if you are thinking about that, join the Club now, before you get your rig. This will help you in a few ways:
1. Being part of something special
2. Nice benefits
3. $25 off your rally registration
4. Increased chance of being able to register for the rally within club exclusive registration window
5. Save $10 on membership by the end of the year by beating the dues increase on Jan 1

Just regisiter using seventeen 1s in place of your VIN for now.

Jim