Dual Pane Windows

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We are looking at 3055RL . We occasionally use the trailer much in July & Aug when everything is busy. Most of our use is from Sept to June. We are thinking of the Dual Pane Windows. Does anyone have any comments as to value of windows do they make a real difference. I would think they would make a difference in cooling when in warm climates. Is there cost, efficency and weight worth it?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Wayne & Gayle Wilson
Dodge Ram Quad 3500 SRW
Coachman catalina soon to be a 3055RL

Princess Kathleen

We have a Grand Canyon (better known as the Luv Shak). We have dual pane windows. They save on energy...cold or hot weather....they are worth every penny. No condensation for us.

PK

jpmorgan37

Wayne;
If you research this forum, you will find many positive comments on the dual pane windows. As PK said, they are worth every penny. They definately keep it cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, help keep it quiet when it's noisey outside and no condensation on the inside. You will not be sorry if you get them.
John

J-W&E

We are so happy we HAVE the dual pane windows !!!! All everyone states is true. They are well worth the price and the extra weight.

lbuchan

Got the dual pane windows with my 2925RK Bighorn and would recommend it as an option. Make sense with the standard insulation that come with the Bighorn line. Helps with both cooling and heating of the unit.

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
It seems a little late for some of us as we read about the dual pane windows. My dealer said they weren't really necessary, I wish now I'd have spoken up and ordered them. Just as a "wonder if" LSI in Elkhart world charge to to the whole 5ver ? I'll bet the rear living room ones are pricey. Just a thought.

HappyKayakers

Just a curiosity question/comment. I have the dual pane windows and get no condensation on the glass. But, I get a lot of condensation on the metal trim during cold, wet weather. Could also be caused trying to make the rig as airtight as possible while keeping the temp at a comfortable level.

ct0218

I can tell you from my 20 years as a builder that any aluminum framed window will sweat. It will not sweat as much as a single glazed window will, but it will sweat. The dual panes generally will not sweat but the big advantage for them is the insulating value and the lack of sound transmission. Using the hood fan and Fantastic fan when cooking and showering will help keep the humidity down, and help with the sweating. I have had very little sweat on the frames this winter.

HappyKayakers

ct0218 said:
I can tell you from my 20 years as a builder that any aluminum framed window will sweat. It will not sweat as much as a single glazed window will, but it will sweat. The dual panes generally will not sweat but the big advantage for them is the insulating value and the lack of sound transmission. Using the hood fan and Fantastic fan when cooking and showering will help keep the humidity down, and help with the sweating. I have had very little sweat on the frames this winter.

Thanks Clark, I thought that might be the case. I have insulation stuffed in all the ceiling vents and the range fan to keep the heat in and cold out.