Change in Distant Network Services....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Has anyone one on this forum noticed the changes in Directv's DNS?

If you have or had DNS you should have received a card to return to Directv to continue receiving both the East and West Services. There has been a discussion on the Escapees Forum about this.

Escapees Forum Thread

Post#146
Apparently Tuesday was the day they chose to turn dual feeds off for everyone they hadn't previously fixed. Our neighbor at the RV park said his west coast feed went dark late Tuesday night even though he had sent in his card. It was too late to call, but by the time they turned on the TV in the morning, the west coast feed was back.

Some people who have lost one of their DNS feeds have had them turned back on without having to call DTV (provided they had sent in their card), and some have not. I read on another forum that Nov. 28 is the drop dead date for having both east and west coast feeds restored if you have lost them. Supposedly, the feeds cannot be restored after that date, so if you lost one of your feeds and want it restored - CALL. I would call the number that has been posted for Mobile Services, not the general DTV 800 number. Unfortunately, since it's Thanksgiving, you may not be able to get anyone who can actually fix the problem until after the deadline.

I don't know if Nov 28th is a Drop dead date as stated above. All of this infomation is subjective.

I contacted Ms Filpiak and my services was restored, but below are some of the contact information they found.
Ms. Filipiak e-mail at eafilipiak@directv.com
Jennifer at the office of the President of Customer Relations her 1-866-785-5536.
DNS dept 800-263-0028

Please verify for your self all of the above information.

BC

gratton

I have not had a change in mine yet and I never received a card in the mail. I hope I will not have a problem.