A big Hello from the UK

Reyllock

Greetings one and all,

Just wanted to say a big hello from the UK, and let you all know that I am expecting my new 2011 Heartland Bighorn 3585RL to arrive at Liverpool Dock on Dec 15.

Just to let you know that the interest in 5th wheels in the UK is growing, unfortunately the sites that will take the bigger models isn't! Not to worry, travelling on our Motorways (Highways) with these beauties turn a lot of heads!!:cool:

I hope to upload a few photos of it's arrival and travels in the UK. So don't be strangers, get in touch if you have any questions about my new baby, or this country please feel free to contact me

Best wishes, and happy thanks giving to you all

KC

jimtoo

Hi Reyllock,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Please do post some pictures of your travels in the UK. And if you have questions don't hesitate to ask for help, we are here to help each other.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Moose

That is cool!

I wonder how the Bighorn will handle . . . . . . being towed on the "other" side of the road? LOL

Reyllock

Nice one Moose!! but I think it will be fine....honestly! lol After all my wife will be hauling it from the port on a European Volvo rig!! ;/

Hiya from London

We have recently purchased a Bighorn 2011 3585RL due to arrive in Liverpool docks on 15th December!!....We are very excited and can't wait to start living full time in our new home!..We are currently living in a 2002 Prowler and need a lot more room and cupboard space and I think we have captured our requirements in the Bighorn!! Looking forward to living instead of existing!! lol:eek:

Very excited now!! Our Bighorn cannot come quick enough and guess who is pulling it home!! Me and my Lorry/truck/rig cos I drive articulated trucks in the UK!! Yayyyy lol

jbeletti

Re: Hiya from London

Hi Julie! Welcome. I see you must be the better half of Kevin. Looking forward to following you guys around the UK from this forum.

Jim

SmokeyBare

Welcome to our Heartland Family KC & Julie !!

I look forward to seeing photos of your New BigHorn and the Campgrounds you visit in your travels. If you post some of your future travel experiences you just might plant the seeds for some other Heartland family members to visit the UK. Have FUN in your BigHorn !

porthole

Retired

Welcome and congrats. Don't know how you're going to drag that thing around over there. When i visited I was amazed that even the small "lorries" could navigate the streets.

So where is home? Our daughter lives in south London (Croydon) and we will be over there early next year.

Reyllock

Welcome and congrats. Don't know how you're going to drag that thing around over there. When i visited I was amazed that even the small "lorries" could navigate the streets.

So where is home? Our daughter lives in south London (Croydon) and we will be over there early next year.

Thank Porthole, it's not that difficult really, plenty of practice with big rigs and a wild expression on my face usually clears the pond life out the way!

Check my profile for my map pin, you'll see we're not that far from Croyden!

If things work out maybe we'll get to meet up during your visit!
:)

porthole

Retired

My daughter does not have a car, they use mass transit for everything. But the Royal Marine looks like a pub to eat, anywhere near you, Chertsey?

Reyllock

It's a small world we live in, The Royal Marine is a short walking distance from where we are! I'd class it, as a quaint English Pub in the country, food pretty good, but slightly over priced, traditional English real ales, and the usual light hooligan brews! A mixed clientèle and generally quite a friendly lot. ;)

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired

Wow a Big Horn in London!
I am Duane's better half Debbie and I join in your excitement. I am curious to learn where you will be traveling to with that beautiful rig? If you at anytime find yourself in Spain, specifically Murcia (I think that is how you spell it) my daughters mother in law has a campground there! Unfortunately, I doubt very much we will be camping there ourselves!
Duane and I are planning to visit our little girl in the early spring so maybe we can arrange a Pub stop!
Only a few more days until She is there. Be sure to share some photos with us!

Reyllock

Hello and greetings Debbie & Duane,
Not sure where or when we will be touring, we like to be spontaneous! By all means give us a shout when your heading this way, I'm sure we could organise a meet. We will be posting photo's, so make sure you check my profile for all the news from the Big Horn's arrival in UK. All we can do at the moment is track it's progress across the pond, but Dec 15 is quickly approaching, so it's all excitement here! :)
best wishes
Kev & Julie