PDA

View Full Version : Discussion

The Old Man
01-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure where this message should be posted. This is not the Old Man but his wife. I am interested in forming a Heartland Owner's Club in Arkansas. How would I go about doing this and also how would I find out if there is any interest for such a club in Arkansas? We own a 2005 Mt. Rushmore. We have not seen too many of the Landmarks in the campgrounds in Arkansas. In fact we have seen only one other Landmark camper and that was in a campground in Conway, Arkansas in 2005.

jbeletti
01-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Mrs. Old Man,

As of this writing, there is no formalized Heartland Owners Club. However, it is in the planning. Like many RV/Travel clubs, we'd most likely begin with Regional chapters - one of which would include Arkansas.

The factory and I are in preliminary discussions about this now so please stay tuned.

Until then, please consider joining us at the big Heartland Rally in Goshen, Indiana this May 31 through June 3. Here's a link to the Rally site.
(//heartlandowners.org/rally/)
Also, if you'd like to plan your own state or regional rally, you are free to do so and some forum members and myself can give you ideas on that.

Jim

tspearcy
01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi there . . .just to let you know, we would be interested in being a part of a local Arkansas group.

Sandy

jbeletti
01-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your interest. Club planning is in the works now. Please look for more information on this in the next couple of months.

Also, consider joining us for the rally in Goshen if you can make the trip at the end of May.

Jim

lwfox002
06-23-2007, 12:03 PM
We would also be interested in joining a club here in Arkanasas. We live in Paris, near Mt Magazine and just purchased a Sundance 2997BHS.None

Terry MacQueen
12-06-2007, 05:55 AM
Add us to your list...We live in Texarkana...just traded in our Carriage fiver for a Big Horn fiver 3055. Let us know of any Arkansas happenings.

Thanks

cjbearden
12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
We are in Benton, AR and would be interested in joining the AR group. How about a mini Spring Rally somewhere in the state. We have not visited many AR parks so maybe someone else has a suggestion for a nice park (we have become spoiled with concrete pad spaces because DW has trouble walking on gravel). Hopefully, we plan to un-winterize in Feb. to start our 2008 season by going to South Texas and then wherever our hearts' desire. Look forward to hearing from other AR members.

jpmorgan37
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Gentleman Jim;

One park that I would highly recommend is Pettit Jean State Park in the new section. All the sites are paved pull throughs, 50 Amp, full hookups. I think you would like it.

cjbearden
12-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks JP for that wonderful recommendation of Petit Jean State Park. That is 'close to home' as the crow flies and we will definitely check it out. Glad you liked the accommodations.

relaxing
12-07-2007, 05:40 PM
My husband (lwfox002) and I live in Paris, AR. Petit Jean State Park is one of our favorites. We're still interested in an Arkansas group and some weekend outings.

jammaw08
12-30-2007, 06:18 PM
We live in Benton, Arkansas and would definitely be interested in joining an Arkansas Chapter. Please keep us posted.

tspearcy
12-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone.....Tom & I are still very interested in forming an Arkansas contingent. Maybe we could get something organized at the 2008 get-together in Branson. We'll be on a two month trip from March to May but would love to get together with others over a weekend after May...Petit Jean sounds great. Let us know. Sandy

jammaw08
12-31-2007, 10:37 PM
I am trying to get information about the Branson rally. Could someone tell me where I can find it? Still trying to get my feet on the ground with this forum. Thanks!

jpmorgan37
12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
jammaw08;

Here's the link. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2744

jbeletti
01-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Hi all,

In the last few months, I have corresponded with a few of you about this. We now have others interested in being part of this chapter. This is all great!

I would like someone to step forward to be the chapter leader for the Arkansas chapter. If anyone here has an interest in being the leader for this chapter, please PM or Email me.

Also, if you'd rather pull together a small AR rally for 2008, as a collective, you can decide on/elect a chapter leader at that time. But someone still needs to plan the first gathering if there is no clear leader chosen before-hand.

Thanks,

Jim

tspearcy
01-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Hello again . . . .still would suggest dedicating time at the 08 rally for those of us from Arkansas to formulate a chapter with an appointed leader and go from there. It's pretty cold for the next few months here in Northwest Arkansas then Tom & I have travel plans that would preclude us from organizing or assisting with anything until after May 10th and, at that point, the rally would be just around the corner. We here to help if we're "in town". Keep us posted.

jammaw08
01-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks, JPMorgan for the link. Will put the rally on our calendar.

Terry MacQueen
01-01-2008, 02:58 PM
We would still be interested in the Arkansas Chapter and have made plans to be at Branson. We will be in the Rio Grande Valley, square dancing, until the end of March....winter Texans...LOL.

The Old Man
01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
We would love to be part of an Arkansas Club. Count us in. Please kept us posted. It would be neat to have an Arkansas rally in 2008 as well.

jammaw08
01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Jim, thanks for the info. We have never even been to a rally so we have no idea about organizing one. It seems an early rally would be great. We will be at Lake Catherine State Park (if nothing slips or breaks) the first couple weeks of April. Then again a week in May, I think. Other than that we are non-committed for right now. Hopefully someone will step up and get the ball rolling.

Please let us know as soon as the plans are firm for Branson.

The Old Man
01-03-2008, 01:40 PM
We live in Hot Springs. Maybe those interested could meet at a campground in Hot Springs in the Spring just to talk and see what we can do about forming a chapter. Lake Ouachita State Park is really nice.

lwfox002
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
We live in Paris and would like to see an Arkansas chapter and rally. Petit Jean State Park might be nice.

We could possibly make a meeting at Lake Ouachita State Park sometime in the spring.

jbeletti
01-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Hey all,

I just created this Arkansas Chapter forum and moved the this thread into it.

By my count as of today, there have been 7 couples who have indicated interest in joining an Arkansas club chapter,

Now we need someone to step up to accept the role of chapter leader. That said, nothing preclude y'all from setting a first rally date and having a small gathering or two until your club is more formalized. In fact, at one of these smaller rallies, perhaps a leader will emerge!

Jim

tspearcy
01-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Jim . . .

Southwest Region ?!?!?! Wouldn't Arkansas be more in line with the Southeast Region or, perhaps, we could initiate a South Central Region with a North Central as well. Just for tickles and grins !

jammaw08
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Jim, thanks for starting the Arkansas Chapter thread but where did everyone go? We had a little trouble finding it but here we are.

jimtoo
01-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Jim . . .

Southwest Region ?!?!?! Wouldn't Arkansas be more in line with the Southeast Region or, perhaps, we could initiate a South Central Region with a North Central as well. Just for tickles and grins !

Call it the Hillbilly chapter.:D

jbeletti
01-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Hillbilly Chapter - funny :D

Say, I will be redoing the entire Regional structure as soon as I come up with a better one. There are so many ways to slice and dice the country. And there seems to be are US Regions map for many things (USDA, US Census etc.).

I want to keep it simple for now, the further sub-divide later only if it makes sense to. Here's where my thinking is today on this:

Northeast

Connecticut
Maine
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Vermont
Delaware
Maryland
New Jersey
New York
Pennsylvania

Southeast

Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
North Carolina
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virgina
West Virgina

Midwest

Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
North Dakota
Ohio
South Dakota
Wisconsin

Southwest

Arizona
New Mexico
Oklahoma
Texas

West

Colorado
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
Utah
Wyoming
Alaska
California
Hawaii
Oregon
Washington

Lickitysplit
01-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Jim,
I think you are pretty much on track but in my mind I just can't picture N. Carolina, Virginia or W. Virginia in the S.E. region. Also I think you could split some of the west region out and form a N.W. region. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.
Jeff

jbeletti
01-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the input Jeff. If you or anyone else would have time and interest to do so, I'd really like to receive some links to a US Regional map that makes even better sense.

There are so many break-outs online but some are too detailed, or broken out for purposes that are too far fetched for our purposes.

The break-out I have below was one of the better ones I found and I would not go so far as to say it's the best.

As for a NW Region - makes sense to me. I just want to keep the first cut at carving out major regions - simple, yet sensible.

Thanks in advance for helping me find that sensibility.

Jim

tspearcy
01-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Jim . . .

We're members of SMART (Special Military Active & Retired Travelers) and they have a pretty good regional split. You might check it out on their website www.smartrving.org (http://www.smartrving.org)

Sandy

Gary Steeves
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Sandy. I couldn't access your link.

Gary

jimtoo
01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Jim, just my thoughts, but you might add Louisiana and Arkansas to what you have now as Southwest, and then call it Southcentral.
Jim (the other Jim)

jbeletti
01-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks Sandy.

Here's the link to the S.M.A.R.T. Regional Map (http://www.smartrving.net/smartregions.htm).

Jim

tspearcy
01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Jim and All . . . . this post doesn't really belong in the Arkansas thread so feel free to move it where you think best . . . .we wanted to invite Heartland members who might be retired military RVers to check out our military organization . . SMART. As I mentioned before, it stands for Special Military Active & Retired Travel Club (we like to say "travelers" but that is actually incorrect). It's a great group of folks all with some type of military background with state chapters (some states have numerous chapters), with regional and national presence. We'd love to correspond with anyone who might be interested in checking out this additional avenue of meeting RVing folks and traveling together. Tom & I would be happy to sponsor those interested in becoming members, whether you're located in Arkansas or across this great nation of ours. Contact us via our Heartland link to discuss.

Happy traveling !

Sandy

bsummit
02-07-2008, 12:23 AM
I would also like to be included in the Arkansas Heartland owners club. Suppose to pickup our new 3670RL Saturday. We live in Sheridan. Really looking forward to the Big Horn.

Arkansas1
02-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Welcome to the family, we have a Heartland owners group in Arkansas, at the current time Betty and I are in the process of getting a date and location for the owners to get together for a mini rally/meeting and share ideas for our state as well as to discuss the upcoming rally in June at branson. Please don't hesitate to PM me a message and we can get together on some questions or just to find out about your new
Big Horn :D.
Respectfully,
Mike

jammaw08
02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the group bsummit. We are just now getting acquainted and are looking forward to meeting everyone at the mini-rally. Hope you enjoy your BH as much as we do ours.

bsummit
02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the family, we have a Heartland owners group in Arkansas, at the current time Betty and I are in the process of getting a date and location for the owners to get together for a mini rally/meeting and share ideas for our state as well as to discuss the upcoming rally in June at branson. Please don't hesitate to PM me a message and we can get together on some questions or just to find out about your new
Big Horn :D.
Respectfully,
Mike

Thanks for the welcome. We got home tonight at 6:45PM with the Big Horn. We staarted to sleep in it tonight but realized we didn't have any king size sheets so that will have to wait. We love it.:D:D:D

bsummit
02-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks Russ and Barb for the welcome. We made it home this evening with the Big Horn (3670RL) and really like it. Can't wait to use it. It's been a long day. We bought it at Great Escapes RV up by Mountain Home, and that's a 440 mile round trip. Looking forward to meeting everyone. At the present time I'm still working and won't retire until the end of the year, so I might not be able to be at the rally.

Bill and Janice

jammaw08
02-10-2008, 01:40 AM
We know how excited you guys are. We got ours in Oct. and the excitement hasn't worn off yet. Russell belongs to a hunting club between Benton and Sheridan. He took the BH last season. It's a nice camp and we really enjoyed it. I'm not much for the boondocking though. Enjoy!:D

cmart
02-16-2008, 05:47 PM
I live in Hazen, AR, I have a 3055, and I'll see some of you in Branson at the Rally.