Discussion

I'm not sure where this message should be posted. This is not the Old Man but his wife. I am interested in forming a Heartland Owner's Club in Arkansas. How would I go about doing this and also how would I find out if there is any interest for such a club in Arkansas? We own a 2005 Mt. Rushmore. We have not seen too many of the Landmarks in the campgrounds in Arkansas. In fact we have seen only one other Landmark camper and that was in a campground in Conway, Arkansas in 2005.

jbeletti

Mrs. Old Man,

As of this writing, there is no formalized Heartland Owners Club. However, it is in the planning. Like many RV/Travel clubs, we'd most likely begin with Regional chapters - one of which would include Arkansas.

The factory and I are in preliminary discussions about this now so please stay tuned.

Until then, please consider joining us at the big Heartland Rally in Goshen, Indiana this May 31 through June 3. Here's a link to the Rally site.

Also, if you'd like to plan your own state or regional rally, you are free to do so and some forum members and myself can give you ideas on that.

Jim

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Heartland Owner's Organization in Arkansas

Hi there . . .just to let you know, we would be interested in being a part of a local Arkansas group.

Sandy

jbeletti

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your interest. Club planning is in the works now. Please look for more information on this in the next couple of months.

Also, consider joining us for the rally in Goshen if you can make the trip at the end of May.

Jim

lwfox002

We would also be interested in joining a club here in Arkanasas. We live in Paris, near Mt Magazine and just purchased a Sundance 2997BHS.None

Add us to your list...We live in Texarkana...just traded in our Carriage fiver for a Big Horn fiver 3055. Let us know of any Arkansas happenings.

Thanks

cjbearden

Visitor
We are in Benton, AR and would be interested in joining the AR group. How about a mini Spring Rally somewhere in the state. We have not visited many AR parks so maybe someone else has a suggestion for a nice park (we have become spoiled with concrete pad spaces because DW has trouble walking on gravel). Hopefully, we plan to un-winterize in Feb. to start our 2008 season by going to South Texas and then wherever our hearts' desire. Look forward to hearing from other AR members.

jpmorgan37

Gentleman Jim;

One park that I would highly recommend is Pettit Jean State Park in the new section. All the sites are paved pull throughs, 50 Amp, full hookups. I think you would like it.

cjbearden

Visitor
Thanks JP for that wonderful recommendation of Petit Jean State Park. That is 'close to home' as the crow flies and we will definitely check it out. Glad you liked the accommodations.

relaxing

Forming a Heartland Owner's Club in Arkansas

My husband (lwfox002) and I live in Paris, AR. Petit Jean State Park is one of our favorites. We're still interested in an Arkansas group and some weekend outings.

jammaw08

Arkansas Chapter

We live in Benton, Arkansas and would definitely be interested in joining an Arkansas Chapter. Please keep us posted.

Last edited:

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Arkansas

Hi everyone.....Tom & I are still very interested in forming an Arkansas contingent. Maybe we could get something organized at the 2008 get-together in Branson. We'll be on a two month trip from March to May but would love to get together with others over a weekend after May...Petit Jean sounds great. Let us know. Sandy

jammaw08

Rally

I am trying to get information about the Branson rally. Could someone tell me where I can find it? Still trying to get my feet on the ground with this forum. Thanks!

jbeletti

Hi all,

In the last few months, I have corresponded with a few of you about this. We now have others interested in being part of this chapter. This is all great!

I would like someone to step forward to be the chapter leader for the Arkansas chapter. If anyone here has an interest in being the leader for this chapter, please PM or Email me.

Also, if you'd rather pull together a small AR rally for 2008, as a collective, you can decide on/elect a chapter leader at that time. But someone still needs to plan the first gathering if there is no clear leader chosen before-hand.

Thanks,

Jim

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Arkansas Chapter

Hello again . . . .still would suggest dedicating time at the 08 rally for those of us from Arkansas to formulate a chapter with an appointed leader and go from there. It's pretty cold for the next few months here in Northwest Arkansas then Tom & I have travel plans that would preclude us from organizing or assisting with anything until after May 10th and, at that point, the rally would be just around the corner. We here to help if we're "in town". Keep us posted.

We would still be interested in the Arkansas Chapter and have made plans to be at Branson. We will be in the Rio Grande Valley, square dancing, until the end of March....winter Texans...LOL.

Arkansas Club

We would love to be part of an Arkansas Club. Count us in. Please kept us posted. It would be neat to have an Arkansas rally in 2008 as well.

jammaw08

Arkansas Chapter

Jim, thanks for the info. We have never even been to a rally so we have no idea about organizing one. It seems an early rally would be great. We will be at Lake Catherine State Park (if nothing slips or breaks) the first couple weeks of April. Then again a week in May, I think. Other than that we are non-committed for right now. Hopefully someone will step up and get the ball rolling.

Please let us know as soon as the plans are firm for Branson.