Lippert Springs

Gary521

This forum is full of issues with springs supplied by Lippert. My own springs have failed and "No, the trailer was not overloaded." What is Heartland's long term and short terrm position with this overall spring problem? Has Lippert done anything themselves to change suppliers or to fix the issue?

jbeletti

Gary,

I see you have a Bighorn. In August of this, plant 2, where Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country are produced, made a "running line change" over to Dexter axes, springs and spring equalizer.

Jim

Gary521

Gary,

I see you have a Bighorn. In August of this, plant 2, where Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country are produced, made a "running line change" over to Dexter axes, springs and spring equalizer.

Jim
Thanks for the reply. I am glad that Heartland made the switch. I do not know what the cost difference is to Heartland, if any, but I am sure that an informed buyer would gladly pay the difference for a higher quality, more trouble free unit. I think that the RV industry, as a whole, should pay attention to what happened to the auto industry a few years ago.