Warranty Questions - Landdmark Okamont

bowser66

We purchased a Landmark Oakmont 16 month ago, which I have been told, means that it is four months out of warranty. Wouldn't you know that the small bedroom slide which is cable driven is broken. The cable snapped. Once I parked on our RV site I noticed that the underbelly is full of water and the insulation is all wet. In addition to that, all of my CFCI circuits keep going out. After a while they will reset, but I am sure they will go out again at some point. I have contacted a mobile RV service to come and check things out. We love our Landmark Oakmont but just can't believe that we are having all of these problem four months out of warranty. Is there any help from Heatland to be had on these matters or am I on my own now?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Do you have an extended warranty? If not more than likely you are out of luck although it is possible the slide mechanism could still be under warranty through Lippert. Contact Heartland Customer Service and have your VIN ready. They can steer you in the right direction.

Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030
eMail Heartland Service

As far as water in the basement check the caulking on the tops and sides of the baggage doors. That is a common water intrusion point. Doesn't take but a slight opening for water to get in.

kkamshop

I can't answer whether Heartland can help with any of these issues, but we have experienced the water in the underbelly. Once you have ruled out any leaks, you may discover that the water is coming from tire spray when you drive in the rain.

We were fortunate enough to find this out within a few months of purchase, but Heartland really has no solution to the situation. We removed the insulation altogether just so it wouldn't trap water and have poked a few drain holes to let the water out.

Now that we are out of warranty, we are still working on a solution ourselves. Wheel wells would be the ideal fix, but not sure there is room for them. Some folks (including us) have "sealed" the edges of the coroplast with expanding foam, but besides looking bad, it doesn't keep the water out.

We are considering putting a sheet metal underbelly on with sections for easy access and reinsulating with wrapped batts next to the floor and rigid foam below that. We would put some kind of draining system in the metal to allow rainwater to exit.

Good luck with your LM, contact your dealer (or the mobile RV service) and Heartland warranty for assistance.

2010augusta

Well the components such as the slide out cable system may have their own warranty still, so find out who makes the system and contact them for warranty help.

Water in the underbelly seems to be a side-effect of traveling on wet roads and in the rain. I recently dropped it, dried, and replaced the insulation with the "bag" type fiberglass to help lessen the water intrusion in the future.

With the GFIC, sounds like a bad receptacle or a loose connection, might remove and inspect each of the GFICs.

As far as help from Heartland you can always talk to the service staff and use this forum to help troubleshoot problems.

Good luck and take care.