How does somebody override the hydralic slide system and manually move the slides??

MANDM

Please post suggestions. Pics would be great.

Slide won't move. Could of been bent when a cabinet door got in the way?

Thanks
Tina

2010augusta

Tina, we need to know what model trailer and which slide is giving you issues. the manual process is very different for each type of slide unit.

if the Electric pump motor is not operating you can use an electric drill with a 1/4" driver bit to turn the pump.

If the motor is running but the slide is not moving, you might try "rocking" the slide a bit by moving the slide in and out repeatedly with the switch and sometimes that wil get it moving again.

If that does not change anything check the fluid level in the pump to verify that that is enough fluid to operate the system.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The only manual override for hydraulic slides is if the pump motor fails. With that situation, you use a drill with a 1/4" hex bit adapter stuck into a fitting at the rear of the motor housing to drive it. In your situation, does the pump run and the slide not move, or is the pump dead? If the pump is not working, you may have tripped the manual reset breaker when you jammed it. If the pump is working but you can hear it straining on that slide, it is possible that you torqued the slide out of alignment on the rack and pinion sets underneath. Is the slide currently extended and does it look out of kilter? If you have a slide manifold, do the other slides work (assuming the pump is working). If you can see the ram, is there any visible fluid leaking from it. I don't know if you can "stall" a ram to the point that it bursts a seal or hose, maybe some more learned folks can comment on that.

My lone experience with slide vs. cabinet door is that the door lost and the slide didn't seem to care. But as soon as I heard the pump labor and the door snap, I let off the slide switch. Then I went and changed my shorts.

Unfortunately, the Lippert guides on their website do not address this problem. You may need to give them a call.

dewwood

This may not be the case in your situation but I tried to put my slide in yesterday and it is frozen. We had heavy rains and then the temps dropped into the twenties and I have ice on top of the slide keeping it from coming in. Not an issue in my case as it is supposed to be above freezing tomorrow and with some heat inside I think it will close ok.

I see you are from Minnesota so am assuming that is where you are now and I know it has been very cold up there. My son lives in Grand Rapids, MN and said it did not get out of the single digits on Thanksgiving. Good luck with your problem.

PSF513

if you go to the FORUM and look under HYDRAULIC SYSTEM, I did an early post (originally titled BRAIN FAILURE), which included a step by step attachment for over riding the hydraulics. However, in the case of ice, I'm not sure you want to try it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, it's been 6 hours since the original post and we still don't know which rig and the layout of the hydraulics (slides only, or slides and jacks), or if she's gotten the slide to move at all, either in or out. Kinda puts any further helpful hints in a hold status until we hear more.