cold weather living

Been wondering if anyone has ever piped the heat exchange that comes out the side of the RV from the furnace. I have my RV skirted in and it seems like a good idea to me to pipe this wasted heat blowing outside and funnel this heat under the RV. I may be missing something, and have Never seen anyone else doing this. I dont believe there would be a problem with fumes since there is enough ventelation under the RV even with the skirting.

2010augusta

John, welcome to the Heartland Forum, I moved the post to a better discussion area.

Concerning directing the furnace exhaust into the skirted area, I could create a problem with the furnace. Suburban does not even endorse using the mud-dubber cover due to air flow restriction, so adding a duct to the exhaust port would be a much greater restriction.

I would still be concerned with a CO build-up under the trailer too.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The duct is also the exhaust isn't it? If it is it will have carbon Monoxide flu gas in it also. So you don't want that under the rig.

GOTTOYS

Well it would keep the mice out the trailer....Don't even think about doing this. The small amount of heat spread over the entire area under the trailer wouldn't amount to anything and there's a very good chance it could kill you....Don

beardedone

Beardedone
The only safe way to do that is with an "Air-to-Air" heat exchanger and that would entail a lot of engineering which is not really viable considering the inherent danger of making a mistake.

Riverman

That would be much the same as extending the vehicle exhaust back inside the cab for heat.
Definately not a wise plan.