Day & night shade Problem.

caokgafamily

The other day I was pulling down the D/N shade on the rear window of my 3400. The right side of the shade fell to the floor, They only used 2 screws to secure the shade, the shade is over 4' long. I reinstalled the shade and added a 3rd screw to the center.Its alot more secure now.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
caokgafamily said:
The other day I was pulling down the D/N shade on the rear window of my 3400. The right side of the shade fell to the floor, They only used 2 screws to secure the shade, the shade is over 4' long. I reinstalled the shade and added a 3rd screw to the center.Its alot more secure now.
We have an 2005 Landmark,Mt Rushmore, and we had almost the same problem. The shade did not fall to the floor, but the screws did come out of the trim or valance or whatever you call it, beside the window. Went over the whole unit replacing screws and doing what I needed to to fasten them securly. Just a small thing, but I would have liked to have seen a more secure job done at the factory. Not enough of a problem to keep me from buying another Heartland product.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Be very careful when putting screws into the shade header. There are strings and a spring in there that should be unobstructed to work properly. I had loads of problems with our shades and had to dis-assemble the header and remount the tensioners on several shades.