Add a room/Awnings

We are awaiting arrival of our 2011 Bighorn 3585RL due to arrive in the UK on 15th December 2011...We are looking at getting a add a room and wondered if you can tell us what size We would need to get for our model and can you give us the name of any suppliers...Many thanks for your help
Kev and Julie

2010augusta

the power awinings do not have the same bracing along the edge of the fabric for de-flappers or add-a-rooms to attach to. their is also no lower support brace, so all the weight is cantilevered from the upper awning mounts and the added weight of the add-a-room could add stress to the mounts and the awning hardware.

here is a pic of the typical power awning.
9100-3.jpg

according to the A&E website, you can use the Patty-o-shade, but not the patty-o-room.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Another thing about electric awnings is that when extended, the roller tube is fairly high off the ground. So much so, that unless you are very tall, you will need a ladder to even put lights on the tube. I allow the wife to hang some lightweight decorations from the support arms on long hooks, but nothing on the roller. Should a sudden storm brew up, I want to be able to retract the awning quickly if I need to.

Thank you both for your help, it looks like a gazebo and maybe a tent for young visitors when it is summer...lol....At least we found out before we spent money on something which would be of no use or cause damage!

JohnDar

That's all we do. Goes up in a few minutes and takes on some pretty good winds. And costs less than an Add-a-Room. The one in the photo came from Coleman, but there are others out there. We actually set it up in the beginning of the summer and leave it up until we pull off in the fall. When we leave for extended periods, I chain the bikes to the table and put the lawn chairs under it.

View attachment 11184

Just to be clear, in this photo I'm installing the slide floor trim. We have indoor plumbing on our rig :rolleyes:

JohnDar

YEAH... Right!!

HEY! Honest, I'm not doing that, Jim. You can ask my wife, she's the one holding the camera. She'd a sent me to bed with no supper for doing that. Even though I'm the one that cooked it.

But, now you've hijacked the thread. Prepare to be chided.

jimtoo

HEY! Honest, I'm not doing that, Jim. You can ask my wife, she's the one holding the camera. She'd a sent me to bed with no supper for doing that. Even though I'm the one that cooked it.

But, now you've hijacked the thread. Prepare to be chided.

Awww,,, your right,,,, sorry... I guess I need to delete myself!!! :D delete,,, delete.... Hmmmnnn ,, button not working.. :D