kitchen cabinet drawer problems

gebhart

I have a 2006 Bighorn 3400 5th wheel. Can anyone tell me how to keep the 22" long kitchen drawers from coming open during travel? The drawers have no stops or latches. thanks

jimtoo

When you pull the drawer all the way out, look at the cabinet face frame that is at the bottom of the drawer. There should be a double roller type cabinet door keeper there, it is probabley misadjusted. There should be on the bottom on the backside of the face of the drawer a cabinet door part that just plugs into the thing when it is closed. They use the same thing on all the cabinet doors. Hope this helps. :)

svd

I also have a 2006 3400, and each drawer has a separate latch. The same type of friction latch that is used on the mirror closet door as soon as you walk in on the right. Each of my drawers has the male part of the latch mounted on the lower inside face of the drawer, and the female spring loaded part of the latch is mounted on the cabinet stile. It takes a good pull to get them open. Maybe you have them and they are not aligned?

HappyKayakers

We had the same problem with our 3600RL. The first trip back to the dealer for warranty work, they installed the latches that svd talked about.

phranc

gebhart ,, check this link..
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1037&highlight=drawer+slides
Especially the reply by MRCOMER
I was able to pinch the little ears somewhat tighter and that worked with a couple of troublesome drawers but thre big drawer under the fridge had to have the roller installed ... about 69 cents from Lowes

phranc

Here is a typical drawer slide. See the tapered prongs , that is what you would pinch together slightly . The prongs grip the black rubber piece to keep the slide from extending (drawer from opening).
I had success withe the few drawers that needed this adustment except for one . For that one I did use a roller catch..
Got to work on camera skills also..

Attachments

• drawer catch 001.jpg
    drawer catch 001.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 105