UK Insurance Companies....Mmmm

Reyllock

Having spent considerable time on the phone to Insurance companies and brokers in this country, trying to get a comprehensive cover for my new BH3585RL. I have come to the conclusion that they are definitely not interested in covering full timers!
Everyone I have contacted has said they can't give cover if you living in it!
I would have thought that living it it would be a lot safer than leaving it unoccupied somewhere in storage.
The strange thing is, they would cover a static caravan/park home. (our trailer is bgiger than most of them over here anyway!)
I'm still trying to get a definition, to give an aruement, but think I would only confuse them.
So the only options I am left with, is to tell them it's a touring caravan, and not in excess of £25,000.
Who said life was easy?
:mad:

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Have we gotten off track here?????

Whoops..... OK back on track.

Have you tried Lloyds of London, They insure about anything. They're insuring my Semi here in the States. In fact I've used them to insure every big truck I've owned over the years and at reasonable rates.

LarryD

Found this comment from 2008 on another forum regarding ins. for US fifth wheel and truck.

"Insurance - Camptons in the UK are about the best for Insurance as my rig costs £430 a year fully comprehensive for Pick-up and Trailer (they class it as a Motorhome) a survey from Niche Marketing where I bought the unit confirms this."

2010augusta

Moved Pothole's Insurance discussion here:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19991-Troubles-Insuring-New-Duallies

Reyllock

Found this comment from 2008 on another forum regarding ins. for US fifth wheel and truck.

"Insurance - Camptons in the UK are about the best for Insurance as my rig costs £430 a year fully comprehensive for Pick-up and Trailer (they class it as a Motorhome) a survey from Niche Marketing where I bought the unit confirms this."

Thanks Larry, Camtons were the first call I made, and unless I got a trainee on the line who didn't understand what I was talking about, they couldn't give me cover for a trailer if I was living in it! But will try them again tomorrow!