Soon to be full timers and need assistance with mobile internet

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My wife and I are soon going to be FREE, at least she will be. I will have to work for about another year but we will be living in the RV full time. We will need a good internet system. We have AT&T now but have been Thinking about switching to Verizon. We both have the Iphone and love it. right now they are 3G but will be upgrading to the new 4G ones

What we need in a internet system is enough for 2 laptops and a wireless printer. We both use our laptops almost constantly, so we will need unlimited data service.

If you where going to buy a new system what would you buy? I am not too savvy with the stuff buy with assistance can set it up. Any assistance available would be great. Looking forward to going FT and can hardly wait.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratulations on going full time.

There are many people on here that will chime in on this one but for equipment I would strongly suggest the 3Gstore. If you will be doing a lot of travelling then Verizon might be the one to try. If you are staying in places where Sprint is covered then I would suggest Virgin Mobile as they have a $40 per month, no contract broadband service that utilizes the Sprint network. Virging Mobile also does not have a 5Gig limit like all other. If you decide to keep you IPhones then you might want to look into tethering them to your laptops.

Try looking throught this section of thr forum for more info.

Good luck,
Mark

DW_Gray

Congratulations on becoming a full timer. I think my recent thread I started may provide the info you're looking for.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19561-New-Verizon-Mobile-Broadband-Plans-with-15-Discount.

LarryD

A few months ago, we decided to go with the Verizon 5G data plan. So far with 2 laptops and home bound due to wife's surgery, we have still not come close to using the full 5G. I'm using a Cradlepoint PHS300 personal wifi hotspot so both laptops are untethered. Cost was about $100. The Verizon USB760 mobile USB was free thru LetsTalk.com with a 2 yrs contract at Verizon. But this also included a $150 rebate, so after misc. hardware, total net cost was zero. The PHS300 and USB760 are nice and compact so we use them at home or move them to the RV. We have limited signal at home and some of the places that we camp, so I have a Wilson Trucker antenna installed on the RV and now one at home as well. This setup has worked very well. Not as fast as sat. internet, but much easier to move and setup, power up the PHS300 and it autodials the Verizon server.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We recently went through the same thing as you are doing and almost got an aircard but after talking with some friends we investigated the Verison MiFi. We ended up with it as it supports 5 devices at one time and has 5g of monthly service for 59.99. It has since been reduced to 50.00 for 5g, and they now have 10 g of service for around 80.00. We have never gotten close to the 5g, but we have only had it for 3 months. Works great and the service with all 5 computers and printers on it are fairly fast.

tvermette

I agree completely with Mr. & Mrs. McClure. I am a fulltimer also, and my wife and I both work remotely. We have a Mifi with 5GB, and our work provides us with a Verizon and AT&T card that has 5GB. We use both cards plus our Mifi and can get through the month on about 15 GB, we may go to 20GB, but are able to use the campground wifi as well. We both have IPhones, so we went with an unlimited phone/data plan as well.