2011 Cyclone 3812 HD - possible AC issue?

kristi

My husband and I, along with our 21 month old twin girls, just sold our motorhome and purchased the 2011 Cyclone 3812 HD so that our girls can have their own 'bedroom' and it is working out GREAT! The only issue is cooling their room (the garage.) We live in South Texas and it hasn't been very hot since we've purchased it and it seems like with the interior door shut to the garage, the room will get very warm, even with the AC set on 65 deg. For example, we put our girls down for a nap mid afternoon and it was 75 outside and their room got up to 80 degrees within an hour with the AC running on high. This just doesn't seem right. (We have a 2nd AC in the front bedroom, so no issues there.) We talked to a friend that has a toy hauler (not a Heartland) and they have two AC's in their 39' toy hauler and their garage stays very cool.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? If we can't figure out what's going on, we're going to have to invest more $$ in a 3rd AC and we really don't want to have to do that, considering we just purchased a NEW unit expecting it to function a little better than it is!

Thanks!!

Kristi

2010augusta

Kristi, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I don't have a Cyclone, so I can't comment on your warm garage, but I am sure some other owners will share their advise.

jimtoo

Hi Kristi,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Check the ceiling for an A/C vent, I'm not sure the garage is Air cond. If you have vent in ceiling, are you getting air flow? If you have vent and no air flow then you need to have your dealer check duct work for restrictions.

Enjoy the forum and I am moving this to the a/c area for Cyclones.

Jim M

kristi

Thanks for your help! When we purchased it, there was only one vent and it was checked and was working "properly." After a weekend camping trip, we voiced our concern and another vent was added a few feet past the initial vent. They are both blowing cool air, but obviously not enough to cool the garage. I guess we probably use our garage more than some, as it is our girls' bedroom, and the garage temp might not be as big of a concern to others, which would explain why it comes with only 1 vent. We just want to make sure, before we spend money on a 3rd AC, that there isn't an issue that could be fixed.

Thanks for your time!

Kristi

2010augusta

adding a 3rd A/C unit could create power issues for your trailer.

Here are similar threads:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/12200-AC-Unit-in-Garage-Area?highlight=garage+AC
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/10190-3912-Garage-AC?highlight=garage+AC

kristi

Thanks for the links. We were told that the 3rd AC would have to have it's own 30 amp power cord if it was installed. Which is one of the reasons why we don't want to take that route if we can avoid it.

blocker

you might try closing off your bed room vent since you have a second A/C. This may force more air to the back. Just a thought.

Jsaulsbury

New Cycloner
We have a 2010 Cyclone. There is only one vent in the garage, we turn it towards the living room, leave the door open between the garage and the living room, and bought a $40 cylinder fan from Wal-Mart and put it near the door to blow air from the living space into the garage space. We were also told a 3rd A/C may be in order. I think we also leave the back bath door open, as it has one A/C vent too... We have only 3 complaints with our rig, and the greatest one is that we have more speakers in the rig than A/C vents! Ha! Let me know if you figure out a good solution. Right now, we have multiple fans trying to cool the space... We are frustrated in that the rest of the rig freezes to just get the garage "cool"... :(

timbuktu

I will be ordering a new Cyclone in the next few weeks and your issue of cooling the garage is at the top of my list of possible concerns since my wife and I will be having our first kid very soon and the garage is where the new baby will be sleeping. I checked with the factory and they said they could install the 2nd a/c in the garage vice the bedroom at a charge of $125 to add the wiring in the back. So instead of adding a 3rd a/c, have you considered moving the bedroom a/c to the garage? But keep in mind (as per Heartland's warning) the a/c in the garage will not be very effective if the bunks are in the up position. But in our case, the bunks will be lowered when we need the a/c on. Just a thought. Good luck!