Slide damaging floor

vangoes

I have a 2006 3055RL and the curbside slide and the roadside slide are both destroying the flooring at both ends of the slide. The linoleum in front of the fridge is scraped/slit through and at the other end of the slide the carpet is being shreaded/ripped by the slide. The same is happening on the desk slide. My unit is now at the dealer to be repaired but I do not know what the solution will be. Has anyone else out there expierenced this problem and if so, what was the fix.

K

Ken Washington

Vangoes,
Either the slide is way out of alignment or there are some screws or nails causing this damage. I hope that they get it fixed for you and please let us know how it turns out.

Ken

sharmulst

We are also having some damage to the kitchen floor in our Bighorn 3500 RL. The flooring has split as the off door side slide comes in. The flooring waves as the slide comes in. So far we just put a piece of duck tape over it. Any ideas. The forward roller on this slide has done no damage at all.
Thanks
:(

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
We are having the same problem with our Bighorn 3500. The vinyl is puckering about 1/2 inch high. When the slide is extended, I saw 3 or 4 rollers that are sandwiched between two mounting brackets with a bolt through the mounting brackets and the roller. I suspect that the bolt is tightened so tight that the roller is locked and can not roll. Instead it slides causing the pucker. I am due to take the unit to a dealer for repair. I will know then.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
The RV-Ramblers said:
We are having the same problem with our Bighorn 3500. The vinyl is puckering about 1/2 inch high. When the slide is extended, I saw 3 or 4 rollers that are sandwiched between two mounting brackets with a bolt through the mounting brackets and the roller. I suspect that the bolt is tightened so tight that the roller is locked and can not roll. Instead it slides causing the pucker. I am due to take the unit to a dealer for repair. I will know then.
I had a slide out roller bearing go to the bad on my Landmark. It was splintering the underside of my off door slide out. My dealer replaced the roller and all is well.

Scott

I am going to say that either the rollers have or are coming loose, and they need adjusted. Please get with your dealers on this and we will have them repaired. By the way, the vinyl in the kitchen is stretched and stapled on the edges - not glued down which will help in stretching it back out when the floor rollers are repaired.

ST

vangoes

Thanks Scott. However, my flooring is ripped and the carpets are shreded by the screw heads in the flooring. Both need repaired/replaced. When looking under the flooring with slides closed, should the rollers be visible? I do not see any and the floor just seems to be suspended.

Floor Damage at Slide

Our '08, 3055RL large driver slide, at rear, has damaged the carpet. It appears there is a 1 inch board(?) that projects down from the slide and hangs up on top of the carpet. So far, the front of the slide has not damaged the vinyl or carpet.

Has adjustments to the slide mechanism fixed the interference problems to the floor?

tcbrady

Wally,

I would recommend that you see your local dealer regarding the slide issue. We might need to make an adjustment.

thanks,

Just completed putting new laminate wood flooring, having the same results only with grooves cut into the floor at 4 spots. The duct tape might be an option? I am replacing the one nearest the door. I did notice a small nail head that I removed. Looks great other than those spots.