Pin Weight

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Hello, please forgive me for this question, I'm new here and new to 5th wheels.
The stated pin weight of the 5th wheel, is that the DRY pin weight of the trailer? Thank you for my education and my future Newbie questions. Steve

jimtoo

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The weight at the Heartland RVs website is approx... it would be very close empty or dry. But if you add options or change anything it changes. If you order one when it leaves the build line it is weighed then and a very accurate weight is on the paper work.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello! The pin weight of our two rigs always came in at about 19% of the total weight of the 5th wheel. If you are shopping and trying to figure what pin weight will be on the different models, a good guesstimate would be 19% of the trailers published GVWR. That would be with the trailer loaded to the max! For us, we seldom load more than 1200lbs and we generally do not travel with water in the tanks (except enough to flush) When I get home I will PM you all the weight figures for our Big Country per the local CAT Scale!

Best Wishes!