Pdi?

herefishy

We're considering buying a new Big Horn sight unseen from an internet seller, and wondered how important it is to do a PDI, and how we should handle that? We have a good rv technician who could fix most anything that we find, but is there anything to dispute if a problem becomes apparent when we receive it?

2010augusta

The common opinion has been "don't sign anything, until you have inspected the trailer.

The PDI is your chance to verify that everything is to your liking. I drove from CO to IN to pick-up the trailer and do a PDI. Getting thing fixed after delivery involves warranty claims and a lot of paperwork, if things are found before signing for the trailer Dealer will handle items much faster and it is your chance to ask the selling dealer questions about the operation of all the systems of the trailer

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
MHO is the PDI or Walkthrough is the most important thing to do before taking delivery of your trailer. It gives you a chance to address minor and major issues as well as learn how to operate various functions of the RV. It also will help you become familiar with locations of various components such as water heater, converter, winterizing valves etc. My advice is to not buy any RV without a PDI or walkthrough.

Gaffer

Never buy before being present for the PDI. Download a comprehensive PDI list and follow the tech through the whole thing. You would be suprised about how much you can learn about your specific rig and RVs in general by following a good tech through this process. Don't confuse the PDI which should take hours to do with the salesmans walkthrough.

caissiel

I have had very good experience from internet sellers, actually better then local purchases
Internet sellers have to keep a 100% good service because they will loose big from a bad service

boatdoc

We have a very good freind who flew from SoCal to Michigan just yesterday to do the PDI and is flying home today. They are having it delivered and didn't want any hassels of buying without seeing/checking. I hope all went well, I'm sure it did as he was going to call if anything came up that he didn't understand.

herefishy

I have had very good experience from internet sellers, actually better then local purchases
Internet sellers have to keep a 100% good service because they will loose big from a bad service
In your experiences, how was the PDI handled? Or was it just a matter of the dealer covering things under warranty after you found them?

Gaffer

I spent at least 6 hours following the PDI tech around my rig. He checked everything. Attached is a sample PDI list. You can find others on a search of this forum or Google PDI list.

Attachments

• PDI.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 12
  • PDI.pdf
    95.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator: