Picking up new 5'er

Mike & Carol

We are excited to be picking up our new Grand Canyon on Wednesday in NY. Just got done preparing a new home for HER. I had my barn doors raised 2 feet, made new doors and a loft moved by the Amish. Now will be the challenge of getting her in.(backing uphill,left turn to top of bank barn) 1st time should be interesting. My old trailer, a 1974 29 foot Airstream was the previous resident.
Wish me luck
Mike

porthole

Retired
Congratulations and welcome to the crew.

Try using 4 wheel low - should make it whole lot easier and less dramatic

Crumgater

Good Luck!!

2nd on the 4 wheel low when backing up a hill.

We heard about that trick AFTER we blew the tranny on our old F250.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig! Wishing you many happy camping hours!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Congrats on the new 5er !! You might want to wait until ground is good and hard !! Our Neighbor got stuck on his lawn this past weekend with his tralier. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Maybe you will have a eaiser time backing her up than I did in 4x4 low. My truck is almost impossible to turn the wheel in 4x4 low because of the locking hubs. It's been a lot easier since installing a new switch to over-ride the front axle in 4x4 low. I now have 2 wd low for backing in tight spots or driving up super steep inclines.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We really like the floorplans of the Grand Canyon and that would probably be the one we would get when we move up to the LM oneday. Have fun, back carefully (haha) and travel safely.