antenna

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
evenig all. has anyone out there tried the wingman addition to the wingard antenna? If so do you think it is worth it to add one?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We added the HD attachment (not sure if it the wingman but got from CW) to the antenna but haven't tried it out for sure with the TV. Might be next spring before that happens.

Afterthought - when we attached the HD upgrade to the antenna, we had to drill a couple of extra holes to make it fix. The HD attachment from CW, eventho they say fits most antennas, don't so a little extra hole here or there to make it fit. After attaching, it lays flat just like the regular antenna when down.

Last edited:

vangoes

Check your batwing before you buy the wingman because it only fits on the Winegard batwings. We found out the hard way when we purchased the wingman, climbed on the roof and whoops......it would not fit. Our antenna was not a Winegard. Returned it to Camping World and they confirmed that it only fits Winegard.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Van is correct. Our 2008 Bighorn had an Antenna Tec antenna. The Wingman will not fit.

Peace
Dave

supernan1414

Our 2011 Bighorn came with a Antenna Tec antenna, didn't bring in the HD signal very well. It kept pixalating One of the fellows in the campgrund added the wingman and he said it made a big differance. We ordered the new Winegard IV that has the wingman addition built in, replaced the Antenna Tec. A BIG improvement. Think all Heartland units should have the Winegard IV on them.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It would be nice if there was an honest comparison of the Wineguard w/Wingman vs. the stock AntennaTec. If it is better, it might be worth replacing the AntennaTec.

Oops, you posted your experience with your upgrade while I was typing this. Much better you say? Maybe I'll add that to the list of mods for next season.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
thanks everyone. guess i better climb up and see if I even have a winegard antenna.

archbarb

I'm not really understanding this Winegard Wingman. Is it for folks that do not use a dish service, or does it make the signal stronger when using a dish service?

Archie

vangoes

supernan1414
Did you replace the complete antenna including mast and crank or did you just replace the batwing? Camping World has a replacement batwing with wingman that I think will fit the existing mast.

Last edited:

caokgafamily

I own a 07 3400 RL and my neighbor owns a 2008 Montana. We camp alot together in rural areas so DTV signals are important to us when watching tv. We both purchased the HD attachment from CW. His would fit, mine didn't so I just returned it. It has been over a year and we have been out about 12 times together. Sometimes he gets more channels than me and sometimes I get more channels than him. I really don't know if it helps. I think it has more to do with the type of tv/tuner and antenna direction. The wives laugh at me cause I will tweak the antenna using the compass on my phone. Its always a game, how many channels do you have? I was thinking about making a home made version.

Steve

Last edited:

supernan1414

supernan1414
Did you replace the complete antenna including mast and crank or did you just replace the batwing? Camping World has a replacement batwing with wingman that I think will fit the existing mast.

We used the replacement that camper world offers, fit on the mast perfectly.

ct0218

The Wingman attaches to the bottom of the Winegard antenna, so you do not need to replace anything if you have a Winegard--just purchase the Wingman. The new antenna, with the batwing built-in, may work a little better since there is a better connection between the two antennas but I haven't talked to anyone that can verify that. We have a Winegard and get a good signal most of the time. Bad weather can deteriorate the signal sometimes and we get some pixelization and audio drops, so I plan to add the Wingman.

PeternLiane

We use the Jack TV antenna. We tried the Winegard Wingman it worked but that's it. I read about the Jack TV antenna in Trailer Life magazine. It was 59 bucks. I just spent 30 bucks on the Wingman. But, I returned it and purchased the Jack TV antenna. Now I can say the Jack TV antenna is the best thing that my wife and I have ever purchased for our trailer. Once we put the Jack on (which took 15 minutes) our TV reception was amazing. I highly recommend the Jack TV antenna!