Jensen Radio AWM970 turns on itself?

mntrekker

2011 Big Country 3250TS Fifth Wheel

Rig is plugged in to shore power by the house. When we came home, the outdoor speakers were playing away. Spouse went in and shut off the radio, next morning, the radio was on again. This time was shut it off with the remote. No one is in or out of the 5'er... what do you suppose is happening? Seems to be running itself!

Radio - Jensen AWM970

2010augusta

Tim, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Here is a thread with a similar problem.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/10132-Freaky-radio?daysprune=-1

It seems the radio has an alarm clock feature and that is why it is turning on, check through the menus and find the alarm setting and verify that it is off.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mntrekker, welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to a more relevent area. ASA, a supplier of Jensen branded products to Heartland RVs will be available on this forum to Heartland product owners with Jensen products.

Peace
Dave

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

I would like to first verify that the Alarm is not set and causing the stereo to turn on. If the Alarm is set, the word ALARM would be shown on the display. Second, I would like you to try and reset the AWM970. There is a small reset button located just above the Dolby Digital symbol at the bottom left hand corner of the faceplate. Take a pen or paper clip and gently press the reset button for about 5 seconds then release.

If the trouble persists, you or your dealer should call us for further troubleshooting. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
JENSEN and Voyager Tech Support Team
</TD>