Bakersfield to Blythe

LilGTO71

Looking for the best route from the Bakersfield, area (Edwards AFB) to I10, Blythe, CA. Towing my Sundance 3300QS to see family in the Houston area. Leaving o/a 17 Dec if anyone wants to tag along.

"See You on the Road"

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Hi John... Been that route many a times, but I'm confused. Edwards Air Force Base is in Mojave / Lancaster not Bakersfield. Anyway... From Bakersfield to Blythe , I would just shoot straight down I5 to San Fernando and catch I210 and follow to I10 around Pomona and go straight to Blythe to Houston on I10. Now from Edwards AFB that's a different story. You can leave Edwards (Mojave) or Bakersfield if you want to go through Mojave on hiway 58 west to Barstow and cut south on I15 to San Bernadino and use I215 to cut over to I10 and your on your way to Blythe and on to Houston. Long Trip, but the southern route is the way to go this time of year. Good Luck and enjoy.

boatdoc

Hi John... Been that route many a times, but I'm confused. Edwards Air Force Base is in Mojave / Lancaster not Bakersfield. Anyway... From Bakersfield to Blythe , I would just shoot straight down I5 to San Fernando and catch I210 and follow to I10 around Pomona and go straight to Blythe to Houston on I10. Now from Edwards AFB that's a different story. You can leave Edwards (Mojave) or Bakersfield if you want to go through Mojave on hiway 58 west to Barstow and cut south on I15 to San Bernadino and use I215 to cut over to I10 and your on your way to Blythe and on to Houston. Long Trip, but the southern route is the way to go this time of year. Good Luck and enjoy.

We make that trip every year and stay clear of I5 South of Bakersfield. 58 to 395 to I15 and so on. Isn't 58 to I15 a little longer?

DennisZ

John
I totally agree with Boatdoc, I live in Lancaster, and if I was at Edwards, I'd do the 58 to 395 to I-15 to I-10.

Dennis