Razor 3110ds bedroom slide-venting again!!!

captpfd

Ok, here we go again. I don't want to come across as a chronic complainer but where's the quality control here. First, we have used our 2008 toyhauler three times and have had a constant list of issues so far.

Newest problem. My wife and I noticed the queen bed/mattress seemed to sag in the middle more than our previous trailer. It also started making some creeking/squeaking noises where bringing the slide in, then out. I removed the mattress to find a simple 1/2 OSB board as our flat support for the mattress. As I continued to investigate the issue, I removed the plywood and the center support was completely off, lying on the slide-out bedroom floor. The two, did I say two, staples holding it together had come loose and the support had come off and that was the main reason for the sagging. BTW, there were all kinds of scraps of wood, screws, wiring, and tons of wood shavings lying on the floor in this hidden area. Can you say "shop vac" or taking pride in cleaning up as the trailer is being built. I don't expect the trailer to be perfectly clean, but this was ridiculous.

In addition, all the other staple joints were loose and weak which was causing the squeaking and creaking sound. I went to the local H/D and bought L and T brackets and secured everything back and added another 1/2 piece of plywood to the top for a more stable top.

Heartland ought to be ashamed of the way this was built and is proving to me that is trailer is probably built like this all over. I have already found two supports that have come loose under the kitchen cabinets.

I am fully aware that owning a RV is a second job and requires time and maintenance. So far this trailer is a real disappointment. I personally don't care what brand of Heartland trailer you own, it will probably be just a matter of time till you experience many of the same issues. A person shouldn't have to spend $50k to get a quality product. My previous trailer was half that price and appears to be twice the trailer in quality as my Razor. Maybe that's why they quite making them.

I'm sure many of you will provide me feedback which I support and encourage.

Capt.

captpfd

I forgot to mention one important factor. I am 5'9 170 lbs. and my wife is 5'2 115lbs. Our combined weight should not collapse a bed. Many single campers I see exceed our weights combined. Yes, it is possible the previous owner did the damage. It still doesn't excuse Heartland's poor construction practices.

capt.