Future Fulltimers!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My husband has been scouring the forum for a few weeks and I thought it was time to officially introduce ourselves.

We are Michael & Kelly Barnett, currently living in Prattville, AL. Michael is an active duty Army reservist stationed in Montgomery, with 28 years of service. He will retire in the fall of 2012 and we will become full-timers at that time!

We have two grown sons, both of whom are married. The oldest lives in WI and the younger is in NY. We are excitedly awaiting the birth of our first grandchild (a girl!) in February!

We've been dreaming of buying a 5th wheel and traveling after retirement for years and its hard to believe the time is nearly here!

We are currently waiting to find out more specifics on the LM Key Largo so that we can make a final decision on whether to order it or a Grand Canyon.

We'll be attending the Tampa RV show in hopes of getting a look at the new Key Largo and new decor and will order at that time! We've signed up for the rally and can't wait to meet our new 'family'!

Be prepared for lots a questions from a 'coupla newbies'! :eek:

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
First of all a big welcome. Thank you for you and your husbands long dedicated service to this great nation and a big congrats on the coming retirement. Y'all deserve it.

I wish you and your family all the best over the holidays and for years to come. Now grandkids are the best thing since sliced bread. With grandbabies you get to hand them back to mom and dad when they smell a little ripe or get cranky, sit back and smile.

Got questions... Fire away.

jimtoo

First of all a big welcome. Thank you for you and your husbands long dedicated service to this great nation and a big congrats on the coming retirement. Y'all deserve it.

I wish you and your family all the best over the holidays and for years to come. Now grandkids are the best thing since sliced bread. With grandbabies you get to hand them back to mom and dad when they smell a little ripe or get cranky, sit back and smile.

Mr. Jarrett could not have said it better. Welcome aboard.

Jim M

SmokeyBare

Michael & Kelly,

Welcome to the forum and I trust very soon to the Heartland Family. Your going to need time at the Tampa Fla RV Show ! It's big... bring your walking shoes. I hope you have allowed plenty of time for the show. Bring a pad of paper and a couple pencils or pens, helps to take notes for reminders later. Bring a Tape Measure too, to better understand what space you have in the RV you decide on.

We made up a check list when we attended the RV shows. I found after a dozen or so RV's the details start to blend together to the point I wasn't sure what RV we seen what detail in. Thank goodness for digital cameras these days and all the photos they can hold on one tiny memory card. Take lots of Photos.

Your story sounds much like ours, over 6 years ago... as we finally reached my retirement date and was stepping into our Next Adventure of full timing. Have a fun with making this happen.

Good Luck,

2psnapod2

Thank you for the VERY warm welcome! We'll be at the Tampa show for 3 days...I think that will give us plenty of time to make the rounds! Can hardly wait!

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
first of all a big welcome. Thank you for you and your husbands long dedicated service to this great nation and a big congrats on the coming retirement. Y'all deserve it.

ditto here! Thank you!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Welcome to the forum, lots of good info and people here.

I couldn't help but notice you live in Prattville, AL...do you by any change know Eddie and Mary Katherine Sligh?...I understand it's a real small town...they own a farm there and winter here in the RGV...

2psnapod2

Ken and Kathy, we do not know them. We have only been in the area for about a year. Pretty much only have made friends with the people I work with and a few others. We will only be here a few more months and then will move into our new Landmark. That is if we every get it on order. If you ever talk to them, let us know and maybe we could meet so where for dinner. Michael