35QSQB #2 Graywater valve

GM.Chief

I have an issue with my trailer currently that I need help to solve. My #2 graywater valve is stuck open and I cannot currently take it in to a shop to be repaired as we are on the road. I don't want to remove the entire underbelly to find the valve, so I was hoping someone could help me out and give a general area to loosen up so I can fix the valve. Thanks in advance for any help received.

Gabriel

jimtoo

Hi Gabriel,

The suggestion I have is try to back flush into the tank. Very possiable a piece of trash from when they cut the tank may be holding the valve open and just maybe you could wash it back into the tank.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Maybe the caseing came loose on the cable at the UDC. Pull off the wall panel in the basement and look behind the UDC. Acouple of hose clamps and a piece of all-thread will do the job. ( A Jimtoo trick )

GM.Chief

I have not tried back flushing yet, but I did inspect the back of the cable behind the dump control panel and it looks good there, unfortunately, from there the cable goes down through a cutout into the underbelly and I can't see where it reaches. The only thing I have been dissatisfied with was the owners manual and the lack of technical drawings. I am a Chief Engineer offshore and I would say roughly 95-99% of all items (motors, pumps, etc.) come with drawings and exploded view diagrams and if they don't, the company will usually email them to me quickly. The owners manual seems to be a generic book for all Heartland trailers and is relatively unhelpful when it comes to the specifics of my unit and Heartland is unwilling to share those diagrams. I understand saying that it could void my warranty, but when your on a trip, you don't always have the luxury of dropping your trailer off for three days for a 1-2 hr (max) fix. At least for the next 5 weeks it's our home. This is not written to bash Heartland in anyway, just a personal frustration.

I'll try the back flush in the next couple of days when I'm at the dock long enough to work on it or call my wife and see if she wants to attempt it. Thanks for the advice so far guys!

SmokeyBare

Might try a sewer snake to go back up the discharge pipe. You might get lucky and push back into the tank what ever it is that's not allowing the gate valve to close completely. Could even go down through the plumbing below the kitchen sink, remove the J-Trap and push a sewer cable down into the tank. Make sure the sewer snake is a very flexible type, maybe the kind that's flat band of steel with a spring on the end. I'm betting it will be a piece of plastic, one of the cut outs of the Gray Tank.

Good Luck !