Fireplace

busted2341

Scott,

Can u tell me if there is some type of reset switch on the fireplace on my 3055. While it was running after about 25 minutes with the heater on it just shut off. I have upluged it, reset the breaker to no avail....Also could the fact that there is carpet underneath it have anything to do with the airflow causing if to overheat and automatically shut down?..thanx..

Scott

I am going to tell you that it sounds like the fireplace might have died. Let's get you a new one through your dealer, and yes, we'll make sure that the carpet is cut out in that area for better ventilation.
ST

ChopperBill

Have been thinking about this for a day or so. I would check the outlet box where the fireplace is plugged in. The outlets used are the ones that you just slip the wires in the slots. Not the ideal set up but lots of manufactures do it that way. I would get an outlet that you have to screw the wires in place. I did that to a my converter and vac outlet when I relocated them. I had some outlets in my house that had the slip in wires and they quit working. One even looked like it could have started a fire it was burned so bad.

K

Ken Washington

Another idea would be to check if the wires at the breaker are tight. If the fireplace is plugged in, is it plugged into a ground fault receptacle? Hope this helps!

Ken

jimtoo

I do not have a fireplace in our unit now, but in a previous 5er the fireplace had a panel at the bottom front that snaped off or opened up. (Looked like a outlet or vent.) Behind this panel was a thermostat switch and circuit breaker or reset switch and off and on switch. You cannot see anything without really looking close and trying to open it.

busted2341

Scott,

Thanx very much Scott, I will call Craig in Kyle (ExploreUsa) and make the arrangement ASAP....Thanx again..