Questions about our new Greystone 29MK

We recently purchased a 2011 Greystone MK, and on our maiden voyage experenced a couple of issues, that perhaps you could provide some advice.

The first issue was cabinet door hinges popping out of their plastic inserts in the doors.
Per other posts, looks like the use of an epozy to glue in the inserts may be the fix.

2nd: Our Jensen DVD/Radio Unit stopped reading the DVD the first time we used it.
Is this something that will require the dealer to repair, and if so, will I need to deliver the trailer to them or can I remove the Jensen unit and deliver that to them sans the trailer?

3rd: The electric landing gear at the front of the trailer tends to blow the 20A fuse each time I use the jacks. I cannot seem to stop the lifting or decending operation quick enough to keep it from blowing the fuse. The dealer's employee giving us our orientation even mentioned that I would probably want to keep extra fuses available. Is this a normal issue that I can expect, or is there a method of operation to avoid blowing the fuse?

Thanks for your advice. We are looking forward to years of fun with our new Greystone Unit.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not sure about issues 1 and 2, but issue 3 should be an easy fix. First of all, it should be a 30 Amp fuse. Running the jacks all the way to the stop at either full out or full in will blow the fuse, so mark the legs with a sharpie/magic marker about 1" shy of full out in both directions. You shouldn't ever have to fully extend or retract and this will resolve the fuse blowigng problem.

hi go to partsstore and get a resetable 30 amp fuse. dont know what called, thay will know. get one for rear if electric,will do same. 32re 2010 graystone. mike

GOTTOYS

I'm replacing my fuse with a automatic resetting 30 amp circuit breaker. It will trip like a fuse but it will reset itself after it cools down which takes a minute or 2. It fits inline in place of the fuse holder and is about the same size. Cost is only a few dollars and they are available at most automotive stores. I believe they even make some that will plug in where the fuse plugs into the holder. The one I got is wired in with 2 lug terminals. Since the circuit is oly under power when the switch is held down the auto reset feature will be safe to use....Don

Duramax1

I also replaced mine with a resettable after absent mindedly letting the legs go too far.

I have yet to take advantage of that feature since. I guess I now pay more attention to what I am doing.