New 2012 Design Request (Cyclone SC)

DW_Gray

New 2012/13 Design Request (Cyclone SC)

It's great to see that Heartland has started building full timing RVs for 2011. I wish to see a full time Cyclone that is especially designed to transport a Smart car in the garage. And it still maintains plenty of storage space as my 4012. Also I'd like the entire kitchen side level, up to the garage, be a slide out. Also, keep the overall length in the 40 to 41 foot range. Since the Smart car is just a little over 8 feet, the garage could be only 10 feet. That way the living and bedroom space could be increased; especially the bedroom, it needs to be bigger.

Since this will not be the typical toy hauler, and mostly for full time couples, some of the standards of a toy hauler are not required. (i.e. gas pump, not as many bed spaces and only 1 bathroom)

There were lots of great suggestions for the 2011 model, so try not to repeat them here.

Although I suggested the name be Cyclone SC, SC for Smart car, I think maybe new entirely different name for this model may be in order.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Many years ago, probably before the slide out was part of a regular towable RV, we saw a "toy hauler" that was very similar to your idea. In fact if we hadn't seen the ramp door down, we might not have know it was a hauler. We saw it at a Rider Rally in Richmond VA back in 1989 or 1990. The interior in the "garage area" looked more residential. With the bike or car pulled out, it looked more like living area once the carpet was rolled out to cover the tie downs and flooring. With slide outs, something like this would be very appealing, I think.

2010augusta

What if, The "living room" floor WITH the chairs and other furniture could be lifted, like the beds in the garage, so when lowered the floor would be flush and carpeted, and when lifted there would be just enough room to clear the roof of the car.

DW_Gray

What if, The "living room" floor WITH the chairs and other furniture could be lifted, like the beds in the garage, so when lowered the floor would be flush and carpeted, and when lifted there would be just enough room to clear the roof of the car.

Excellent! Good minds think alike. I thought about that this morning. Also instead of a solid wall in front of the garage, make it open with no wall or removable.

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We just introduced the new 3800 with an amazing amount of living room space. It features a 12 garage rated at #2500lbs as our all of our garages. We have some amazing new floor plans that we just launched so please check with your local franchised Cyclone dealer for details. Take care, Mike

porthole

Retired
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We just introduced the new 3800 with an amazing amount of living room space. It features a 12 garage rated at #2500lbs as our all of our garages. We have some amazing new floor plans that we just launched so please check with your local franchised Cyclone dealer for details. Take care, Mike

Just introduced - yet it is not on the Heartland website!
but for all those interested................................. The 370 & 3800

Attachments

• CY370.jpg
    CY370.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 176
  • CY3800.jpg
    CY3800.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 179

caissiel

I have seen some small TT's with a Harley in the livingroom, so the heavy car or Motcycle can be closer to the wheel area, and will cause better loading balance. We have a small Miata that weight around 2K and 12ft long. And far better than a motorcycle.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have seen some small TT's with a Harley in the living room, so the heavy car or Motorcycle can be closer to the wheel area, and will cause better loading balance. We have a small Miata that weight around 2K and 12ft long. And far better than a motorcycle.
Hmmm... You may get some debate on that statement. I like our Sebring Convertible but my motorcycle was way more fun.

Mike Aplin

We are currently taking photos of all of the new floor plans so that we can put them on our website. Take care, Mike

tgreening

While you're at it, maybe pass a note to whoever is doing your web design and let them know the new site does not play so well with Firefox. There's more to life than just Microsoft Internet Exploder, I mean Explorer. :)

jimtoo

I have been using Google and Firefox for a long time and have not had any issues. What kind of problems are you having?

Jim M

tgreening

I have been using Google and Firefox for a long time and have not had any issues. What kind of problems are you having?

Jim M

Nevermind. :) I thought I had turned off flashblocker for the heartland site and apparently I had not. The new site uses flash heavily and the blocker was really messing with it. All seems well now, carry on.... :)

DW_Gray

what keeps a smart car from being transported in a current model of cyclone?

brett

Nothing. I've seen one Cyclone owner with the Smart car in the garage. What I'm suggesting is a shorter garage (10 feet) and increase the size of the living area. As for building it for a Smart car, it would come with removable hardware that would quickly secure the car. The hold down points for the hardware would be located just for the Smart car.

DW_Gray

The titanium design looks promising. As I read elsewhere the design loses the basement for storage. As a full timer and I think for the weekenders, this won’t sell well. The titanium closet space appears smaller too. This increases the need for our storage space. Even my neighbor with his 3950 is envious of my basement storage.

The CY3800 floor plan looks good. I’d shorten the garage to 10 feet, increase the living space to include a laptop size computer desk and add the Titanium design without losing the basement.

I understand how the titanium design shortens the actual towing length but that is not really an issue for me. I suppose what I’m proposing would become a GVW issue. But I believe if the design engineers would think out of the box and use some of the advanced lightweight components, the Cyclone SC would become a reality.

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your feedback on the new 370C Cab Over design. We have already retailed several of this new floor plan at the early shows mainly because of the industries largest shower. The bedroom is much larger than other models and many of our customers who are very tall really like the increase shower size. Thank you for being part of the Heartland RV family. Take care, Mike

timbuktu

Mike,

What changes are y'all making for the 2012 models (standard eqpt, options, etc)? Are the 370 and 3800 the only new floorplans? Is Heartland planning on changing the kitchen slide on the 3950 to be the same as the 370? And last question, is Heartland considering putting the larger 12 or 14 cu ft frig in either the 3950 or 3850? I've been looking online for any info on 2012 models and haven't found anything yet. Thanks!

Mike Aplin

We are still working on the 2012 models and ideas. We have a long way to go before the 2012's but to answer your question regarding the 3950, it already has the larger kitchen slide with the two person sofa in it. In fact, we made that change back in September in the 3950 first and then followed it up in the 370C. We will continue to bring you industry leading features, benefits, and industry firsts in the Cyclone/Road Warrior division. Take care, Mike :cool: