2007 3670rl Pdi

Uncle Rog

Howdy, my friends liked our rig so well they bought a 3670, since he sold their house they will be full timing it. As luck would have it he just had a heart attack so they asked me go along on the PDI. This should be interesting as I have a pretty good list of what to look for....and he is in no shape to be messing with warranty trips. I am curious to see if they have cleaned up the QC at HL.....The inspection is today at 011:00, I will be reasonable, but the basement will be opened up, all systems fired up, visual inspections of water lines that are accessible, visual wiring, WH bypass opened up ETC.......I will submit my findings.....

Uncle Rog

Sad But True.......

Howdy, the PDI only lasted 30 minutes. Without sounding disparaging I will state that the rig was not acceptable, fireplace was installed over the carpet, electrical issues, as well as just plain old cosmetic problems put the kaibash on the deal. My friends are hoping that another rig is available because they love the floorplan and appointments, I was impressed with the new layout also. We never even got to opening up the basement panels........UR

Uncle Rog

Hey jimtoo, I do not know the unit is #5099, I left my glasses so i didn't see the manufacturing date, I know it was on the lot for at least 2 weeks. There was only one cosmetic defect that could have been caused by transport or lot bumps most all the rest seemed to be a QC issue.

jimtoo

Mine, a 3055, was finished about 12-10-06 with vin number of 5687. I don't know if they run same number sequence on all Bighorns, but if they do that means that unit has been around for quite a while.

Uncle Rog

I'm not sure how the serial #'s run either, the dealer is supposed to get a new 3670 off of the HL line on Monday, will be here in So Cal within two weeks. Let's see what happens, I will give another full report....

jeff howe

not impressed

I recently got an 08 3400RL sold to me as a 4 seasons rig and went thru 14 gals of propane in 3 and 1/2 days. Ambient temp outside was 12 degrees. I have owned several brands of 5th wheels and motorhomes and this by far is the worst. The water pump won't maintain anything close to a steady stream. The heating system runs constantly and when it shuts off you can watch the temp decline by the minute. This is after insulating all roof vents and blocking off 1/2 the windows with "r-17" insulation.I would like to know the r value of their "thick blanket" of insulation. Also the r-17 foil is only rated at r-4 unless you count the airspace. From what I can see their is no insulation under the floors of the slideouts. Also try to find an outlet in the kitchen area. One. Most appliance outlet cords won't reach!

Uncle Rog

Howdy vrugt, missed your ?, I have mentioned in a couple spots that my friends did get the rig as advertised and have lived in it for at least a month and have not had any problems to speak of, go figure, they love the 5ER and living in it for at least a couple of more months....

jpmorgan37

Hello All;

To answer your questions on the vin sequence and to explain how to decipher all of the numbers in the vin, refer to this thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1115&highlight=serial+numbers Hope this will answer your questions.

John

Uncle Rog

Four Seasons ?

Jeff, I have had a few rigs also and at 12F not many, or none of the units I have had would stand up to that test for any period of time. You have to plan to burn up a lot of gas to keep any RV warm. Even my shady dealer did not try to get me on that one! Notwhithstanding the issues we have had, at that temp I would take a couple of extra propane tanks along. Now that my furnace works better I say bring it on! It is almost down to 50 tonight and I am feeling GOOD.....UR