Roof vent

frigolodl

I just purchase a 2011 North Trail 28BRS, I am surprise that a unit of this size has only 1 roof vent (Bath Room). My friend owns a Keystone Bullet 28 feet and he has 3 roof vents.
My question is can I install 2 additional roof vent, 1 over the bunk beds ans 1 over the front bedroom without compromising the structure.
Cheers

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
You could install them, however, the roofs that are installed on our products are different than that found on a different product. We install a solid laminated roof on the NT Travel Trailer. If you were to install vents there is no room to air to flow between them.

GOTTOYS

You could install them, however, the roofs that are installed on our products are different than that found on a different product. We install a solid laminated roof on the NT Travel Trailer. If you were to install vents there is no room to air to flow between them.
I think he's talking about vents that exhaust the interior air from the room like those that use a fan...This would be a major operation and somewhat risky. It would require cutting through the rubber roofing fabric and sealing the opening properly. I would rather not have anymore vents for a couple reasons. No insulation where the vent is, just a thin plastic cap. One more opening in the roof to cause a leak. Rubber roofing material doesn't usually leak, its the seams from where holes are cut into it that cause leaks. Try it the way it is. I don't think you'll miss having more vents....Don

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I just purchase a 2011 North Trail 28BRS, I am surprise that a unit of this size has only 1 roof vent (Bath Room). My friend owns a Keystone Bullet 28 feet and he has 3 roof vents.
My question is can I install 2 additional roof vent, 1 over the bunk beds ans 1 over the front bedroom without compromising the structure.
Cheers
I don't see why you couldnt install a 14" square crank vent to vent the living space air, just use a stud finder to lay out the hole.
I think FennerJ responce refers to venting the atic space air.?

frigolodl

Thank you all for your answers. I do mean a 14 '' square vent on the roof to vent the inside of the trailer.
the problem we have is when we travel and stop overnight to sleep in the trailer and are not hook-up to power we cant run the AC. I guess we will equip ourself of a portable generator! I do agree that making another hole in the roof membrane is creating a possible leak in the future.

APT

I have the 28BRS as well and would like another vent in the front bedroom. That would allow some good airflow, turn one fan on intake and the other exhaust.