Generator installation

kennew1

I have a 2007 3400RL Bighorn with generator prep. I would like to install a ONAN Marquis Gold 5500 LP generator this generator is all enclosed--does anyone know if you have to put insulation around the generator prep enclosure area?? Does anyone have any info or experience with this brand/model of generator??:rolleyes:

2000 Ford F350 4x4 drw turbo diesel truck with chip, etc.

GARTH

I mounted this generator in our 3055. (Awesome generator!) I am not sure that your compartment is the same as the one on our model. I ordered the 3055 generator ready. The generator compartment came fully enclosed, including the bottom. This generator needs to be completely open on the bottom. This means I had to cut out the bottom of the compartment and fab new mounting angles for the generator. And because of the size of the generator (it wouldn't go through the front opening of the compartment) it needed to be brought in from the bottom. Because the generator is fully enclosed it doesn't need any shrouding around it. It breathes and exhausts from the bottom. I hope this doesn't confuse you. Because I own a fab shop this wasn't that big of a job for me, but it still took me a full day to do it. I hope this answers some of your questions. Garth