Packing and Weight Distribution / MPG

dixdaman

We have a MPG 180. When packing for a trip, how important is it to try and pack so the weight is distributed evenly in the TT? We have an Equ-il-izer weight distribution hitch. Would that not take care any uneven weight caused by packing?
I remember reading somewhere a comment about packing, is it that important in a small trailer when it is equipped with a weight distribution anti sway hitch?
Thanks.

hoefler

Evenly distributing your load is the ideal way to load, but sometimes not that easy. Try to keep your weight forward of the trailer axle or axles. You may have to tighten up, raise, your bars to make your rig level again, but that is what they are for. If you have to loosen or lower your bars, you have too much weight behind the axle. What ever you do, you do not want to lighten your tongue weight any. You will have the tail wagging the dog, not a good feeling or a safe situation.

dixdaman

Thanks very much for that, I was not aware that keeping the weight forward was important. I will add that to my list of things to remember.
Merry Christmas.