Portabella Mushroom and Swiss Burger

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We finally have our recipe for the Portabella and Swiss burger perfected-at least for our taste.

Start with "regular ground beef"-not lean!

Sea Salt and ground black pepper mixed while preparing the burgers.

Slice and Saute Portabella Mushrroms. Mix some mushroom gravy and put the mushrooms in the gravy and let it simmer about 15 minutes and then shut off the heat and cover. Let it set covered for another 15 minutes. I think letting the mushrooms and gravy sit for a little bit is the key to the the taste.
Grill the prepared burgers. Add Swiss and Provolone cheese. Use a really good cheese.

Just before the burgers are done, Put some Thomas's English mufffins on the grill and toast right next to the burgers.

Serve with LOTS of Mushrooms and gravy.

Hope you enjoy it.:)

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Re: Portaeblla Mushroom and Swiss Burger

You live too close to me to be posting a recipe for my favorite burger in the world. Dinner at your place.:D:angel:

ChopperBill

Renee make them with out the beef. Gets those huge Portabellas and cuts the stem off and marinates them in Italian dressing. Cooks 'em on the grill, put 'em on a bun with lettuce, tomato and what ever. Great stuff!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

OK Larry, my mouth is watering. I hope this is on the menu when we see you:angel:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Eric, they are on the menu for New Years Eve dinner!

Hey Mike, anythime you got to run to Florence or deliver to Happy Trails here in town give me a call. If we cant find find a mushroom swiss burger I do know how to make peanut butter and jelly w/ cheese sandwiches!

I had never thought about making burgers with out the burger. Sounds kind of like health food! :D