LP tank cover blew off !!!!

bozo

My LP cover blew off on the way to the CP last weekend. I know I know before some of you guys ask NO I DID NOT turn the two little srews that hold it on and I know how dumb that was.:(:mad::confused: My DW has told me so but we want go there. Anyway can you buy only the top cover for the LP cover. Thanks for the help!!! And Happy Camping!!!!

jimtoo

:) :) I was gonna say you lived up to your name,,bozo,,:),,, but nawww... I'm not gonna do that... :),,, LOL.... naww... :)

Yep... you should be able to buy the cover...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Of course you can contact Heartland and get one from the parts department but I have seen a universal cover at Camping World if you need one "right now".

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
I hate those lids and almost every RV manufacturer uses them. Great idea, poorly executed. Do yourself a favor and put a bungee over them or chuck them in the storage compartment when in transit.

I've seen dealers with stacks of those lids on the parts store racks. If you go to a dealer that tells you you have to buy the whole tank cover to get a lid, find another dealer.

bozo

Thanks to all of you for the info. And special thanks to you jimtoo for not saying it. lol Some things just make a man feel dumb the first thing the DW said was did you tighten the screws. OH!!! and the sound of her voice but you men would be proud as I stood up and did not lie and said with a firm NO!!!!!! She looked at me and shook her head and I dropped mine. lol
My wife loves her camper and men I admit it worries me sometimes. Hey Im thinking its just a lid but you would have thought I shot the family dog. Im almost afriad to work on it what if I sratch it or Lord help me if something really bad happens to it I will end up on the porch with the dog. lol So to all the ladies out there be easy with us when we break it or tare it up we didnt mean to and it can be fixed ITS JUST A CAMPER lol Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Thanks to all of you for the info. And special thanks to you jimtoo for not saying it. lol Some things just make a man feel dumb the first thing the DW said was did you tighten the screws. OH!!! and the sound of her voice but you men would be proud as I stood up and did not lie and said with a firm NO!!!!!! She looked at me and shook her head and I dropped mine. lol
My wife loves her camper and men I admit it worries me sometimes. Hey Im thinking its just a lid but you would have thought I shot the family dog. Im almost afriad to work on it what if I sratch it or Lord help me if something really bad happens to it I will end up on the porch with the dog. lol So to all the ladies out there be easy with us when we break it or tare it up we didnt mean to and it can be fixed ITS JUST A CAMPER lol Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again
Opps!
My husband roared with laughter at your comment about how you manned up and just said NO! LOL

Last edited: