Decision Done Order Placed

5erWonk

Well we finally placed our order for the '08 BH 3055.....It was a long tough decision, but after looking at all the competition it just felt like the right thing. The last comparison was against a Hitchhiler II LS, exact same floor plan, nice rig; however, when I started crawling around inside and out I was disappointed in the fit and finish. The Hitchhiker comes very highly rated but I was not impressed with poor placement of plumbing in the basement, poor fitting underside panels, and paper wrapped cabinet fronts I just think the Heartland overall is a better value.

I want to thank all of you who gave us feedback on the Heartlands, both good and bad, we appreciate your candor.

Now for the wait.....Then we get to take a looooooong shake down trip after we take delivery in Knoxville and drive back to California.

Can't wait!!!:)

jbeletti

5erWonk,

Hey, you're no longer a wannabe or a prospect - welcome to the family!

Seriously, congratulations on your decision and your order. Speaking for many of us around here at the forum, we are pleased to have been 'at your service', providing you with what we hope was an honest appraisal of the product from real owner's perspectives.

I hear Butch and Karen do a great job out there in Knoxville but do take along a good PDI list anyway and plan for a couple of hours. If possible, camp nearby for a couple of days to see if anything crops up while you are close-by. Better to deal with it before you take the long trip home.

Best of luck,

Jim

jimtoo

Congratulations on the buy,,, if your's comes in as clean as mine,,, you will love it... I still can't find enough stuff to fill the basement on this new one... Look out Waly-Mart and Camping World. Here I come... Anybody got anything they don't need?

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
5erWONK, I forgot to say I also have been comparing the Bighorn with the Hitchhiker II. I also found some poor QC in the Hitchhiker. I think you just helped me make-up my mind:) , 3670 here we come.

Ron

vangoes

5erWonk,
Congrats on your purchase. We took delivery from Butch and Karen on November 3 for a 3055. They offer a free two day stay at campground in Pigeon Forge for a shakedown of your unit. Not sure which campground though as we live close to Knoxville and had just been there in September in our MH so we did not utilize it.....went to Gulf Shores instead. RV's for Less seemed to have done a pretty thourough predelivery check of all systems. Our unit is now back there for some warranty repair issues so hopefully this will go as smoothly as the delivery did.

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Something I did was wrong.... My first message did not make it, so I'll try again. First congratulation on your new 5er. Hope you enjoy many miles of travel. Hope to see you on the road.

Ron & Becky

PS this was the first message I sent.

5erWonk

Regarding the Hitchhiker II....I had to laugh when the sales guy insisted they do not use Lippert frames he said, "only Heartland uses those and you know the problems they've had". I had to drag him under the trailer and show him the Lippert tags all over the undercarriage......Anyway I'm glad we're done.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Sounds like that salesman (?) really knew his merchandise. Scary what some sales people say at times. Especially to someone (customer) that does not know much about what they are looking at or the promises they make.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Congratulations as well, another 3055, man Heartland hit the jackpot with that model. We love the plan. I also looked at the Hitch Hiker II and it was our 2nd choice, one thing that bugged me was the plumbing pipes coming down inside the storage area..../Doug

J

Jim_1899

I am very happy for you and I hope you enjoy every mile of your trip home. The only bad thing is when you can't go use it. I have been looking at maps and figuring out where to go next. We went to the Saint Louis RV show and looked at every RV there... just for fun. I still like our Big Horn the best.