PDA

View Full Version : washer-dryer

TOM.
12-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I need to know how to find the dryer vent opening in my 2011 grand canyon. Also where it vents out. I am going to install a splindide combo.
Tomd

karykatz
12-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Tom,

we do not install a vent unless the unit is ordered with a washer/dryer. This is something your dealer will have to install.

caissiel
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
We have the Combo and love it
The opening has to be cut to suit.
There instructions to install,
I just made sure I was cutting a hole away from any beams and has to be at least 2 inches from the floor
I also located it so it did nut cut in the graphics. Did not have much area to choose from.
Also I sused a regular multi flappers dryer vent.
So it all depends on your installation.
I had a chance to cut it behind but some with front w/d the cut out is on the side.

boatto5er
12-07-2010, 06:44 PM
My 2011 Grand Canyon has a small "target" symbol (it's a crosshair sticker) right where the vent opening needs to be drilled. It's on the right hand side of the washer/dryer closet about two thirds of the way toward the back of the closet.

Willym
12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Here's a similar thread with some info,
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/18959-2011-Bighorn-3610-RE-Dryer-Vent-Location?highlight=dryer+vent

However, when it comes to cutting big holes in the side of my trailer, I'd rather have an experienced person do it.