Looking for information on the new Key Largo!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know its not all together yet, but is there any info out there on the new Key Largo? I also have heard that this new floor plan was going to be debuted at the show in Tampa. Is this true? I am really anxious to see more info on it. Thanks.

2psnapod2

I was finally able to get some more info on the Key Largo. I got it off one of the dealers websites. I was wondering what the MSRP for the Yetti Package and the Remote Camera was if anyone has an idea. I also have attached the file of the new Landmark brochure.

Attachments

• 2012HLLandmark.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 280

davebennington

We are looking for another unit to replace our current Landmark the Key Largo looks nice as does the San Antonio. several things I noticed about the floor plans and the pictures do not match, it looks like the some of pictures are from the San Antonio and the floor plan is from the Key Largo. I am wondering which is correct.

Dave & Julie

jbeletti

Dave,

I believe the pictures in that file are the San Antonio. I say this as that is the model I have spent time in. There are similarities between the 2 floor plans, such as:
- Rear cap area
- Dinette slide area
- Bedroom area from the bed, forward

So the big differences are:
- Free-standing island in KL
- Full wall Ent/Kit slide in the KL
- DS side aisle in the KL
- All-in-one Bath in the KL with 2 available configurations

2psnapod2

I believe there are no pics of the KL since the prototype will be produced in the next 2 weeks.

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

I noticed in the brochure there was an option for a Yeti Package, the ultimate weather survival package. Does anyone know what the R-value is for that? And where its applied?

K

karykatz

The new Yeti Cold weather pkg includes our standard insulation pkg standard in the Landmark as well as a new Radiant Insulation in the Slide Room Floors. The Radiant Technology insulation keeps 95% of the heat in and is equal to R38. The Yeti pkg has the same insulation in the front and rear caps. It aslo includes 110 tank warmers and 12 volt heated main water line.

I hope this helps.

K

karykatz

The Yeti Cold Weather Pkg retail option is $952 and the Back up Camera retail option is $1,112.

I hope this helps.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
From the looks of the brochure, they've done away with the Augusta and the Oakmont floorplans??? Is that correct?

2psnapod2

As far As I know the Augusta is still being made. It's the Ontario that they cancelled.

Willym

The new Yeti Cold weather pkg includes our standard insulation pkg standard in the Landmark as well as a new Radiant Insulation in the Slide Room Floors. The Radiant Technology insulation keeps 95% of the heat in and is equal to R38. The Yeti pkg has the same insulation in the front and rear caps. It aslo includes 110 tank warmers and 12 volt heated main water line.

I hope this helps.
Over the years, there have been a number of misleading claims by reflective foil insulation manufacturers as to R factors and the amount of heat that can be retained. They tend to refer to radiant heat even though most heat loss is by conduction and convection routes. Such claims as above really need some qualification and explanantion.

To get true R38, you really need a lot of foam and slide floors insulated to such a R factor would be very thick!

Last edited:

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Thanks Jim. The Key Largo is looking good to us for our next home away from home. Waiting to see the weights and measures of the nice floorplan and Pictures. Michael send pic's when you get one.

2psnapod2

I am going to the Florida show and have been told by several that the Key Largo will be at the show as long as everything goes as planned. I am going to place an order and will take lots of pictures. I will post them once I get a chance. We have narrowed our choice to either the Key Largo or a Grand Canyon and really looking forward to see them both side by side. The wait has been very hard for us since we were ready to order a Ontario back on the 1st of November and found out we could not. Hopefully only a few more weeks till we have our new home.

K

karykatz

The new Key Largo will be on display at The Tampa Super Show 1/12-1/16. Lazydays in Tampa will be working the Bighorn and Landmark Display at Tampa.

Hope to see you there.