What I'd Like to See Changed or Improved!

J

Jeff

Let everyone know your ideas! The Factory design team is doing a GREAT Job on designing and building these coaches.

However, there are always other ideas out there!

For instance:

I would like to see Louvered Doors on the Washer/Dryer Closet. To help with ventilation.

Just some thoughts.

Take Care.

Jeff

Tom of Ypsi

Would like to see the slide curtain in the bed/bath room go around the sink this making it a bathroom when curtain is closed and also a bed room. I am usually the first awake up 5-6am and the way it is set up now you close the curtain and the sink is in the bedroom. I guess I can brush my teeth in the kitchen:eek:

Ramblu

I would like to see option of larger brakes offered. Either drum or disc.

Nearly everyone I have talked to with a large 5 er always wants more

brake for the weight.

Happy camping!!!

Attachments

• Rear with Tiara.jpg
    Rear with Tiara.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Custom Graphics Right.jpg
    Custom Graphics Right.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Custom Graphics Left2.jpg
    Custom Graphics Left2.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Custom Graphics Right all.jpg
    Custom Graphics Right all.jpg
    790.8 KB · Views: 3

Tom of Ypsi

Ramblu check out the General Discussions, Saftey Stuff the second post down. This may answer your concerns on the brakes. Towed my Mt Rushmore home today from dealer and intentionally hit the brakes hard and the brakes worked sufficiently for me. Although I am no mechanic but having driven trucks for over 25 years I have no braking concerns.

lbuck

Spair Tire

Been looking at a Bighorn 3500 and one thing that should be changed is the location of the spair tire rack. The present location is to far back under the trailer it should be closer to the back axle. There are a lot of locations that the tire would drag on the ground. Hope some one will look into this.
Thanks Lbuck

Last edited:

davebennington

I have been told that there is a larger brake option offered, you have to dig in and ask for it. the cost that I was quoted was $978.00.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG950448.jpg
    IMG950448.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 9

JIMnMICK

Fulltimming Workampers
Screen Door

How about offer a screen door with lexan or something like installed so you can leave the big door open in the summer and winter so you can see out. I know some rvers do this themselves just thought it would be a nice selling option. Just a thought......:rolleyes:

GregH

We would like to see the interior color choices change. I know everybody has their own tastes, but two out of the three Landmark choices are too frumpy for us!

A

AbNormal

Two things that I would like to see "improved", regarding the cabinetry:

1. Change the hinges to the "hidden" style, for a cleaner appearance, and to provide a means of adjusting the doors after they inevitably sag in the center, after bouncing down the road for a few thousand miles. Currently, there is a gap of only about a sixteenth of an inch between the left and right panel doors, and eventually the tops of the doors contact each other at the top, requiring adjustment.

2. Redesign the cabinet in the bedroom that contains the television. Although the TV can be pulled forward on a slide mechanism and swiveled, the lower portion of the TV "shelf" easily strikes the side of the left hand side of the cabinet, if rotated too far. In addition, the blank vertical panel to the left of the TV, is virtually totally lost space, except for a part that conceals the safe. I think a better, cleaner approach, would be to design a corner cabinet, with the front angled at about 45 degrees (or, thereabouts) to mount the TV in a fixed (permanent, operational) postion. At the moment, the TV installation looks "clean" when in the stowed position, but less than elegant when pulled out for use (IMHO). Secondly, perhaps the safe can then be further embedded into the redesigned cabinet, as it presently protrudes 3 or 4 inches into the closet area, and is clearly visible when the right hand door is even only slightly opened (see photo).

Thanks...

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 78

BluegrassMan

Cabinetry

I have only had my Grand Canyon out once so far, I have had to fix stripped screws on 2 doors. Bummer! I noticed that the pantry door hits the CROWN moulding on the kitchen slide out (right on the sharp corner too).:(

We love the Big Horn, but not sure that we will be buying one. There are two things that we really need in a 5'er.

1. A complete bathroom. My husband is a large man and he is disabled. The Stool Rooms that Heartland and most other manufacturers have is out of the question. A large share of us RV'ers are over 65 and a large percentage have health problems. A larger area with at least the vanity along with the toilet would be a help. There is no way another person can come to the aid of someone sick and help them in those tiny "one-holer's"!

2. Both my husband and I have computers and need a work area of our own. I'm sure there are many people in this circumstances. Or, maybe the man is a pc nut and the wife wants to continue sewing for the grandkids. When you go full-time, you need to be able to take your hobbies with you.

I hope you will consider these two changes in future models. I doubt if it will help us with our purchase in early 2006 but it would be a help to many other pc literate baby boomers that are buying 5'ers.

Thanks for a spot to let our needs known.

Grandma Walker
"may your skies always be blue"

BigBlue

BigBlue
The door covering the space for the VCR, DVD/Home Theatre system in the Monticello is hinged on the top so you have to lift the door to get access. The hinge only opens 90 degrees and interfers with access to the cables. I tried to turn the door over so it's hinged on the bottom but it then interfers with the TV slideout.
I would like to see hinges that go to 135 degrees or more. It would help with the access.

Allgyer1

Option added to Landmark

//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon3.gifI would like to see electronic valves that operate the Gray and Black water tanks. All you have to do is flip a switch to open and close the tanks. You can buy them as aftermarket today. I think it would make a great option for the Landmark line.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
BigBlue

My Big Horn 3655RD that is supposed to be an imitation of the Monticello in a lower priced category has the DVD cover swinging from left to right. Works fine.

BigBlue

BigBlue
Chuck
That would work also. I wish some of the manufacturers would try to do things in the trailer before they sold them. They might change some designs.

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
I seriously doubt that the designers of these trailers EVER owned a travel trailer or EVER stayed in one. They just have their sheepskin from the school of design etc. When I was between jobs once, I sold RV's at a large dealer. I was the ONLY sales person that HAD a RV.

So when WE all have problems with placement of things or why did the do things like THAT, rest assured that an RV'r didn't design it .

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Big Blue
Thought I would chime in here to see if I can help with the door problem. Are the hinges regular old fashion cabinet door hinges or are they the concealed european type that are round and inserted into the door? If they are the euro type you can siimply go to home depot and buy hinges that will open up to 170 degrees and replace them. You may have to replace the mounting plates also. If the hinges are the older style you can still replace them with the eruo, you will have to find a cabinet shop that can drill the holes in the door for you. You could buy a 25mm drill bit and so it yourself, but the bit will probably cost more than a shop would charge you to drill them and not take the chance of drilling through to the front.

Glenn

BigBlue

BigBlue
Hi Glenn
How are you?
We talked about this when we met up. I've been looking for the hinges you recommended but so far have not had any luck at places like Home Depot or Menards. I will probably have to go to a cabinet shop or order them on line.
Jim