Grand Canyon - ideas for hallway closets

DougS

Doug S
I own a 2011 Grand Canyon and use the hallway closets (across from bathroom door) as a pantry. I am looking for ideas of how others use these two closets. I usually re-invent the wheel, but I thought I might get other ideas before I start.

My first thought is to make and install wooden drawers for the storeage area closest to the refrig., but would I remove the selves or work with them?

I now have plastic drawers in the wardrope closet (near the bedroom door), which makes it easy for packing and unpacking for trips. We just bring the drawers into the house, load the drawers, and then bring them out. This works great for us, but looks tacky, but then again, it is behind closet doors. I will probably build drawers for this closet down the road.

Any ideas would be helpful, pictures would be better. Thanks.

jbeletti

Doug,

I had a Grand Canyon this year. I have different needs that you with all the rallies I put on and what I stock in the RV, but here's what I did.

In the left-most cabinet:

• I left the standard shelving as-is
  • On the bottom of that cabinet, I stored appliances:
    - electric skillet - in its box
    - crock-pot
    - electric hot plate - in its box
    - fold-able electric skillet - in a cloth bag
    - small electric hand-mixer - in its box
    - 4 food tray-type plates
    - A large serving tray
  • On the next shelf up, I stored items in plastic show boxes. Some with lids on, some with no lids
  • On the to shelf, I stored mostly single-use dinnerware
    - Various sizes of plates
    - Various size of bowls
    - Various sizes of cups
    - Skads of flatware
    - Bags of napkins
    - Rolls of paper towels
In the right-most cabinet:

• I had the upper fixed shelf stay as-is
  • I had the clothes rod removed
  • I had adjustable shelf track installed in all 4 corners
  • I had shelving cut and added - 3 of them I think
  • I stored rugs, bed linens, dish clothes and towels, cleaning rags and beach towels
In the upper-cabinet above the appliance garage:

• I had added, a half-depth shelf, in about the vertical center
  • I stored spices in a plastic shoe box x2, no lids
  • I stored lots of coffee and tea supplies here too
In the bedroom, in the cabinets just to the left and right of the TV, in the top most cabinets:

• I had added a fixed shelf, in about the vertical center
  • In the one on the left, we stored laundry detergent and dryer sheets on the bottom shelf
  • We stored some decorator items in a plastic shoe box, no lid, on the top shelf
  • In the one on the right, I think we stored a lamp, with shade off, for travel on the top shelf
  • We stored toilet paper on the bottom shelf
  • In the tall lower cabinet to the right of the TV and dresser, we stored bath towels and wash clothes and some of my clothes (shorts, jeans)
Sorry for the TMI - I was on a roll :)

Jim

DougS

Doug S
I just finished my pantry drawers in my 2011 Grand Canyon. I was unable to get any ideas, so I decided to install drawers to the existing shelves that came with the unit. I used full extention drawer rails and 6 inch drawer sides on the bottom two drawers. We used the drawers for the first time this last weekend and it was so easy finding items. I left the bottom open for large items.

Attachments

• Landmark Picture Drawers.jpg
    Landmark Picture Drawers.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 147