4 degrees outside this morning

GOTTOYS

Woke up here in MN. this morning to 4 degrees. The Weather man said we were going to have bitter cold temperatures this weekend. So what is 4 degrees...tropical??? :confused: Can't wait to head South....Don

Dave49

Well I am south. In Gulf Shores ALA. and can tell you its been fairly cold down here the last few days as in 20's at night. Highs in 40's as far south as Miami. Warmer than you by far, but not real nice here. I know what you are going through, lived in MI until we went fulltiming. One thing about our situation, if you don't like the weather just move on.

Sorry your stuck in the cold!

Dave

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
That's COLD!

I have been here at work since 7:00AM and we just got power back 10 minutes ago! During this time of year we get these strong winds. With all the trees etc power often is lost. Fortunately it ia a little warmer this week!

Best Wishes!

vangoes

Dave,
So where are you guys staying in Gulf Shores? We will be at Island Retreat on Jan 1 along with several other Heartland family members. We have been there for past several winters.

rvn4fun

Coming from South Dakota, we understand cold. Like it here in Yuma today, most people in shorts 78 degrees. Way warmer here then in Texas last winter.

traveler44

We got home from Maui just as the cold weather hit Illinois. Wife wants to be home for Christmas. This will be the first cold weather for the deisel truck and the Bighorn. I will get the truck started again after it warms up to above 32* again-- fuel gelled. The Bighorn is winterized and closed up and I hope it will thaw out ok by the time we hit southern Georgia after the first of the year. I think it is better not to run the slides out and in for now-- afraid the seals are frozen to the outside and don't want to tear anything up. Next week is supposed to be below 0 at night here. Can't wait to join you where the palm trees sway. Tom M.

Dave49

Dave,
So where are you guys staying in Gulf Shores? We will be at Island Retreat on Jan 1 along with several other Heartland family members. We have been there for past several winters.

We are staying at Gulf State Park. Very nice park I must add also. If you haven't checked it out yet, take the time to do so. Huge park, lots are huge and all have concrete pads, 50amp, water and serwer right in the cost of the site. I have looked around and have not found anything better around here, but then again I don't believe I have seen Island Retreat yet. will check that out today maybe.

vangoes

Dave
You are correct about Gulf State Park..........its the best around. We used to go there before Island Retreat and we have talked about moving back there next year. We just have developed a circle of friends (golfing buddies) at Island Retreat that come back every year so we did also. BTW, you should have seen Gulf State Park before the hurricane............it was fantastic.

Dave49

Dave
You are correct about Gulf State Park..........its the best around. We used to go there before Island Retreat and we have talked about moving back there next year. We just have developed a circle of friends (golfing buddies) at Island Retreat that come back every year so we did also. BTW, you should have seen Gulf State Park before the hurricane............it was fantastic.

I have heard that from a lot of people here in the park. Guess there was 7 feet of water right where I am sitting right now. Hard to believe, but the trees or the lack of trees show what was here. Still a very nice place. Was thinking of heading to TX from here, but may sit tight for awhile right here. Who knows..........ahhhhhhhhhh retirement and fulltiming, don't get no better than this :)

Ernie & Lettie

Ok no throwing rocks, this whole week in tucson has been in the upper 70 and lower 80's. Morning about 40-45 degrees. Stay warm I know we are. Later Ernie & Lettie

GOTTOYS

Oh wait..it gets better! Now the Sat. forecast is for up to 1 1/2 feet of snow possible in N.E. suburbs of the Twin Cities, MN. Guess where I live?....And if that isn't good enough the temps could get as low as -14 degrees on Sunday and Monday...WHOPEE!...Don

Dave49

Well as of 6:00 am its 30* here in Gulf Shores Ala. Chilly yes, but not going to complain at all, I could be back in MI digging that white stuff out of my way and feezing the behind good. Looks like you all up there in the midwest took a beating in the last couple days. Its not beautiful here, but its bearable as we know the warmth will return a lot sooner than up there. As in by Weds. it will be 68*...............

Good luck all, and Merry Christmas!!!

funntheson

I read all these posts about the cold weather, and I feel horrible.........that I don't have my trailer yet! The past couple days have hit over 80*.

All in fun though, you guys make sure to stay warm.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It was 4 degrees here in the Flint area this morning, as I was clearing the drive for the third time. Right now it's a balmy 7. I don't even want to guess the wind chill factor.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are in New Orleans for work and play. It's been a little on the cold side here the last two days. Mid 40s to around 50. Been walking alot. But is a little chilly.