IPOD/IPhone APS

jonesj2

What I Pod or I Phone aps are you all using out there for camping or traveling? I am trying to find an Ap for itinerary planning and keeping a log of where we stayed, date, what we did while camping etc. Has anyone see such an AP?

Jim

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
What I Pod or I Phone aps are you all using out there for camping or traveling? I am trying to find an Ap for itinerary planning and keeping a log of where we stayed, date, what we did while camping etc. Has anyone see such an AP?

Jim

I haven't used it but try this

Pulltab

I have the Passport america, allstays Camp & RV and Rv Parks apps. Plus the Murphyusa app for fuel location.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Mine include: itruck stops, find a park, rv parks, best exit, rvcom, park maps, and all stays... They are all varying degrees of useful. The rvcom has shopping lists, rv notes, trip logs, etc, so may be the most useful for you. There are probably more out there that may be better, but I'm pretty cheap, so most of those are either free or very low cost. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RVCompanion, icamp, RV parks are a few I use. When on the road we use AroundMe, helpful for finding what's near you. (food, gas, bank, etc.) I also like Momento, a diary of sorts. You can add pictures with your entry. I also use What is on? to locate what tv stations we should be getting over the air or when hooked to cable. Great to see the tv schedule, too, if you need to find a show you like.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I haven't used it but try this

Tripit works great for flights/car rental/hotel reservations.

I use expedia and when I get my travel itinerary I forward it to Tripit, which then auto loads it into my iPod and/or Droid.

At the airport the info on the phone is sometimes more useful then what you will find on the screens or help desk.

jonesj2

Thanks, now I have to look at some of the aps mentioned to see if they will work for our summer planning.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey gang, I moved this thread nto the "Telecommunication" area. Seemed a better fit. As for the apps, wow, I can't believe all the stuff these phones can do. I was reading an article about how the smartphone will make quites a few other electronic devices "obsolete".

billnsue

On the IPad we use, IExit, GasBuddy, Rest Area Finder, Passport America. I believe all but IExit is a free app.