Bighorn 3670RL Living room day/night shade

How do I get the shade off so I can restring it? In other units I see brackets that hold the shade in position. There are no brackets on the face of the assembly. Please help.

Wharton

You need to take the valence off and then you'll see how the shade comes off. Did it a long time ago but don't remember the details. I think everything is screwed in but that may be another trailer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that Tom is correct. Remove the valance. The screws are tricky to find as they get pulled into the fabric and are difficult to see. But they are there somewhere.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

You could use a fairly cheap studfinder tool (which actually detects steel nails) or a magnetic compass to help you find those hidden screws.

edmaho

Does the same thing apply to the 2009 Bighorn 3600RL? I am still having trouble locating the screws. On each side are there two screws, one at the top and one at the bottom? Are there screws across the top? I have had a replacement shade for some time but haven't figured how to remove the current one properly. I do see the response below that suggests a stud finder or a magnetic compass. Good ideas like that should help. Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The same process for removal will apply to your 2009 model.
However, if your valance is directly below a cabinet, it will be screwed to the cabinet.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
As I recall, removing mine to replace it, the shade is not attached directly to the valence, but screwed through the top panel directly to the wall. Problem is the lack of space to get a screwdriver in position. A #2 square drive bit works best with the style of screws, but I haven't seen an angle screwdriver made like that. A small ratchet with that bit might get it done, though.