Ceiling Fan

gratton

I have a 2011 3450TS and the ceiling fan just does not put out any air. I have change the rotation that the fan turns and it make no change. It appears that the blades just do not have enough pitch. Is this a common thing in this unit? I the previous SOB I owned it also had a low profile fan, but it actually worked. I really hat to have to purchase a replacement fan. I currently have my unit at the dealer for some warranty work and did bring this issue up. I did the same thing in in July and the service response was that this fan just did not work well.

hoefler

Hugger fans and low clearance fans in gerneral do not move alot of air beacuase of the close proximity to the ceiling. You wind up[ only using the blade tips as the fan speed increases. There just not enough room for the air to move to utilize the full length of the blade. You will actualy move more air on the lowest setting.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We also have a 2011 3450TS. The ceiling fan works but they do not push air like a home (S/B) fan. I have not heard of a quick-fix for this issue. It seems to be the nature of the beast!

Best Wishes!

PS: Have you seen some of the improvements on the "newer" 2011 Big Countrys? Like storage drawers and wood kick panel on the staircase?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just a "blue sky" on this, but would it be practical to use an extension tube, similar to a cathedral ceiling install in a house, to drop the fan a bit lower (yet keeping it above the retracted slides) to increase the air flow? I know the tubes come in different lengths, so maybe it might just be a matter of modifying a shorter one to the right length.

I seem to recall another member posting about dropping the fan lower and removing some of the blades before retracting the slides, too.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a 2008 Bighorn 3400RE and the fan works quite well. At first I did not think it moved a lot of air until it started to get cool. I had to turn the fan off. Mine has a noise in it that comes and goes. The longer I leave it on the quieter it becomes.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our deiling fan works quite well also. I don't think it's any different than the fan supplied with the newer rigs. It's been going almost 24/7 for the last 4 years. It's quiet, moves enough air and we're pleased with it. I don't think the pitch is any different than any other available fan.

Since the original post was really not in the form of a question for the factory, I'll move it to a more appropriate section of the forum.

GOTTOYS

If you put on an extension to drop the fan lower, make sure it clears the slides when they are pushed in...Don

archbarb

We also have a 2011 3450TS. The ceiling fan works but they do not push air like a home (S/B) fan. I have not heard of a quick-fix for this issue. It seems to be the nature of the beast!

Best Wishes!

PS: Have you seen some of the improvements on the "newer" 2011 Big Countrys? Like storage drawers and wood kick panel on the staircase?

Two quick notes. On our 2011 BC 3250TS, we are pleased with the performance of the ceiling fan. After all the post we read, we were concerned, but it meets our expectations.

And the storage drawers with the kick panels on the stairwell are great. On the 3250TS our stairs are right inside the door, where as on the 3450TS the stairs are more in the center of the rig. By opening the door, easy excess to the drawers is available. It's handy for storing extension cords, fire starters, matches or whatever. I also use one of the drawers to keep small hand tools and fuses.

Archie