Hitch ball height for NT 24 RBS travel trailer

I have a 2011 NT 24RBS on order. In preparation for it's arrival I am preparing my truck. The hitch, I have, is an adjustable weight distribution type & I need to know what the height of the ball should be?? I called the factory but was told to watch my e-mail for a response. I've been watching for 3 days so perhaps they copied my address incorrectly. It's not all that important to be prepared prior to the new arrival, it just gives me something to do while waiting in anticipation. Thanks...Herb...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Herb, I moved your post into the North Trail General Area. You should get some responses from North Trail owners.
Hope your wait is not too long. Ahh, anticipation.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

Herb, I would wait until you get the trailer. It takes about an hour to properly setup a hitch. Besides the ball height you need to set the hitch head angle and get the proper tension on the weight bars. Often the dealer will do this for as part of the normal delivery process. Unfortunately the dealers don't always do it correctly. It may take some fine tuning to get it right. Read your owners manual a few times or look online for info on your particular hitch. A good hitch properly setup on the right TV makes towing a dream. Good luck. The waiting is always the hardest part!..Don

hoefler

It is best to wait for the trailer. You may be able to set the height, but you will not be able to set the angle for the proper tension on the bars. You would have to disassemble the head to set the angle anyways. Like said above the dealer should set it up for you as part of their pre-delivery.

Saildogs

Tomorrow we pick up our 24RBS that was at the dealer for minor warranty work and a thorough going over (roof, caulking, etc.,) and winterizing. While the TT has been at the dealer, we have gotten a new tow vehicle and the dealer will adjust the hitch and WD equipment before we leave for home. So wait for your delivery and the dealer will set up the hitch. However, find out what hitch and WD you are getting and read up on them as much as possible before delivery.

We absolutely love our 24RBS!! The layout is awesome with a wonderful space for food prep and the bathroom is superb. Can't say enough good things about it!!

Thanks for all the response and especially the positive comments from saildog. I found a link posted by another member that had a video which was very helpful & it also advised that angle of the bars was important. To those who suggested that I wait for delivery, thanks...I hope my dealer is responsive...Looking forward to our new unit...Herb

I notice you tow with a 2010 F-150....How do you like the built in brake control??? I haven't towed with mine yet, just having my truck since Sept...Herb....
Tomorrow we pick up our 24RBS that was at the dealer for minor warranty work and a thorough going over (roof, caulking, etc.,) and winterizing. While the TT has been at the dealer, we have gotten a new tow vehicle and the dealer will adjust the hitch and WD equipment before we leave for home. So wait for your delivery and the dealer will set up the hitch. However, find out what hitch and WD you are getting and read up on them as much as possible before delivery.

We absolutely love our 24RBS!! The layout is awesome with a wonderful space for food prep and the bathroom is superb. Can't say enough good things about it!!

Saildogs

We've had the F-150 exactly one week so today was the first tow. Awesome is the only way to describe it! The brake controller functioned perfectly as did the tow/haul mode. The brake controller is easier to adjust and easier to use than the Prodigy we had in the Expedition. We bought the truck used with only 7,000 miles on it so are still learning all the features.

Glad to hear it..We also had a Prodigy and with good results so if the built in works as you describe, we'll be happy. Good luck with your rig, sounds a lot like ours...By the way, my dealer called to say our new 24 RBS has arrived & we have an appt. to pick it up Wednesday....Herb

Saildogs

Take lots of time going through the unit. Our water heater would not work on electric but the dealer found the problem: a loose wire. We've so far had one other minor warranty issue: cabinet door not properly attached and dealer also took care of that one. Looking forward to reading your comments on the unit.