Worn Hitch... Warranty with out a Hitch...

SmokeyBare

I started seeing a slight movement on 2 pivot points on the Fifth Wheel Hitch. The pivot points for the hitch plate allowing it to rock side to side slightly. The Hitch was purchased June of 1992. Yeah it's a long time ago !!

The RBW company manufactured this " LiL' Rocker Hitch ". I soon learned they stopped building this hitch a couple years ago. Since the time I bought this hitch, RBW Industries was sold to Al-Ko Industries. Not surprising since the RV Industries have all taken a down turn.

I pulled out the RV file jacket filled with all the information we have related to our RV life. I had the booklet that came with the Hitch as well as original receipt and invoice from the purchase. The LiL' Rocker Hitch booklet said it carried a Limited Million Mile Warranty. (Things are Looking UP ! )

Called RBW Industries, only to learn I was talking to Al-Ko Industries. I was instructed to take photos of the hitch where the worn pivot points were and email them along with a scan copy of the Receipt. ( I didn't scan but instead took a photo of the receipt )

Once Al-Ko's engineer had reviewed the photos I was given the approval for a new hitch. ( I was very Happy ) I was told a new hitch would be sent to me free of charge as a warranted replacement. Although they no longer made the hitch, they were sending me a replacement from another source. ( I was thrilled to be getting the replacement !! )

I called once again, leaving a message asking when I might expect the delivery of the hitch. I received an email the next day giving me a tracking number. The hitch was delivered that same day ! WOW !! I was so pleased at the whole process dealing with Al-Ko Industries. Their Customer Service employee who took me through the process is Marilee... she deserves a thank you as well.

Thank You Al-Ko Industries and thank you Marilee !!!!

2010augusta

Marv, Glad to see you had a great service experience. It is refreshing to know that some companies still know how to treat their customers.

GOTTOYS

Great story. There is nothing that makes me smile more than getting great customer service....Don