Recliner Mod

Wharton

We have Lane recliners with sliders in our BH. My wife still had problems moving them around when setting up/taking down the trailer. The fabric was slick and she really couldn't get a grip on them. Lane has a wood frame so we bought some handles at HD and installed them on the side back of the recliner, about half way down the back. We put them on the "inside" back when looking at the recliners from the front(toward the center, on the back). This is the way we need to turn the recliners when we store them and take them out.

We tried it and it seems to work well.

We did buy different screws for the handles, we questioned the holding strength of the screws that came with the handles.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This sounds like an interesting idea. Out of sight but very useful. It sounds like they might also help if the back of the recliner were removable. Great idea!

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Good idea. I have to fight those 2 recliners myself and drag them around. I may have to add those handles and then get my wife on a weight lifting program so she can move them herself.

Wharton

We bought some Lane recliners that fit the spot, put on the furniture slides and the handles and now my wife can move them. We realize the Lanes aren't as heavy duty and will need to be replaced but our routine is she takes care of the inside and I take care of the outside in the mornings. The other challenge has been the TV. We had been interested in the BH3410, with the tv in the back but it didn't rotate(we had concerns about viewability from the side) so we went with the 3670.

The problem, according to my wife, is most things are designed by men and they don't realize that most women have about half the strength. Look at how many bottles we have to open for the DW.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We have the BH 3055. Has anyone replaced their euro chairs with a recliner? If so, what make and model? Thanks.

jimtoo

We have the BH 3055. Has anyone replaced their euro chairs with a recliner? If so, what make and model? Thanks.

Hi Betty,,, and Harry "Dirty"? :( yukco...
Yes,, we replaced ours with Lazy Boy recliners... not real big ones, but they are very comfortable. Measure the slide clearance on the rear and the smaller chair will fit. I would really like to see Heartland add 4 or 5 inches to the 3055 in that area and then you could put the couch in the rear and recliners across from TV on the slide. If they could add the 4 or 5 inches on several of the units it would make it where the couch could be in the rear and recliners on the side,,, sure would make a lot of folks happy.

Jim M

plug2

we have a 3585,2011 it needs the 5ive inches and also bring heat vent toward center to be in front of couch.

BHEWITTJR

We are also looking to replace the Euro's in our 3400 with recliners but just have'nt had the push to go do it yet. The Euro chairs are nice but just not our taste.

sdagro

Hi Betty,,, and Harry "Dirty"? :( yukco...
Yes,, we replaced ours with Lazy Boy recliners... not real big ones, but they are very comfortable. Measure the slide clearance on the rear and the smaller chair will fit. I would really like to see Heartland add 4 or 5 inches to the 3055 in that area and then you could put the couch in the rear and recliners across from TV on the slide. If they could add the 4 or 5 inches on several of the units it would make it where the couch could be in the rear and recliners on the side,,, sure would make a lot of folks happy.

Jim M

Interesting thought. We have the 2011 3670. I wonder if the recliners and the couch positions are inter-changeable. Didn't measure but it looks like NOT.. Steve

sdagro

Interesting thought. We have the 2011 3670. I wonder if the recliners and the couch positions are inter-changeable. Didn't measure but it looks like NOT.. Steve

Won't go. Over 5" short of space in the rear to move couch.

jimtoo

Won't go. Over 5" short of space in the rear to move couch.

Yep, same here with the 3055. Some have put the slick sliders under the couch and chairs.... then if they were going to be in one place for a few days... they could change couch to rear and recliners to side just by sliding them around... would only take about 10 min to change.

Jim M

jdfishing

Great idea of adding a few inches to the rear of the 3055 so the recliners and couch could be interchanged and left that way during travel. The wife complains every time she has to move them.

jimtoo

Great idea of adding a few inches to the rear of the 3055 so the recliners and couch could be interchanged and left that way during travel. The wife complains every time she has to move them.

Well,,,, if you give here the slick sliders to put under the legs,,, maybe she wouldn't complain so much...:)
They would only cost you about $5--6 bucks... then you would have a happy wife. :)

lcdrdean

We also have a BH3670 and weren't happy watching tv from the recliners at the back of the trailer. So we began switching the couch and chairs by using the sliders. However, we still found the chairs difficult to move due to weight and bulk. So we just recently changed the chairs out for Lazy Boys (Harbor Town Style Number: 532). They are lighter and easier to move. An additional benefit for us is that since the new chairs aren't as wide as the old chairs, we have a bit more room at the dining table.

BHEWITTJR

Well the DW went out last night and ordered 2 Lazy Boys. Don't know what style, she just said that they're rocker recliners and they will fit. She takes care of the inside so that's good enough for me.

We have a 3385 and have the same problem with the recliners, we also have moved them around,chairs to the slide and couch to the rear. We also are going to buy new recliners , the lay out is just not good so uncomfortable when you watch tv.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We have talked about replacing our recliners also, mostly because of weight and them not being wallhuggers, which should be in all rv's IMHO. We have moved them every which way while travelling and will probably look for new ones in the spring