New Member Looking Forward to Learning

Buford445

I have been reading here so I thought I would Join

I pick up my New (To ME) 2006 BH 3055RL 12/16/2010 if all goes well. Looking forward to learning about my new DH

2010augusta

Edward, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I am sure you will learn a lot about your "new" Bighorn. and the Forum members can answer just about any question you will have.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have been reading here so I thought I would Join

I pick up my New (To ME) 2006 BH 3055RL 12/16/2010 if all goes well. Looking forward to learning about my new DH

This could be more information than we need :eek:. This is supposed to be a "family" rated forum. Or is that just a typo and you meant your new BH?

Being somewhat of a smart-arse, I couldn't resist...welcome aboard.

jbeletti

Hi Buford and welcome to the forum.

Be sure to do a thorough Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) when you pick your unit up. Plan on spending a couple of hours doing this to test all the systems and to ensure you know what everything is and how to operate it. Take pictures and if you have a partner, have them video tape the process. If you need a PDI list, click on Tools above and select Wiki. In the Wiki, there are links to several PDI lists. Most are geared toward new RVs but no matter - still good lists to use.

By the way, we have a rally planned in Michigan in 2011 and not far from you, our North American rally will be held in Goshen, IN in 2011. These are AWESOME opportunities for you to:
1. Meet other Heartland Owners
2. Learn more about your rig from the experts - long-time Heartland owners.

Have fun and hope to meet you in 2011!

Jim

On Edit: As your unit is a 2006, do yourself a favor and go over all exterior caulking carefully to ensure there are no seal voids before you put it away for the winter. Caulking deteriorates over time with exposure to UV and hot/cold temps. Caulked seals are up on the roof, along the front and rear caps and other areas.

Buford445

This could be more information than we need :eek:. This is supposed to be a "family" rated forum. Or is that just a typo and you meant your new BH?

Being somewhat of a smart-arse, I couldn't resist...welcome aboard.

I would be Disappointed if you weren't with that Typo :lol:

Yes I meant BH

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new (to you) Big Horn. If you run into any problems or have any questions, just shoot it out on the forum. You will probably get all kinds of help and suggestions. Enjoy and travel safely.

Buford445

Be sure to do a thorough Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) when you pick your unit up. Plan on spending a couple of hours doing this to test all the systems and to ensure you know what everything is and how to operate it. Take pictures and if you have a partner, have them video tape the process. If you need a PDI list, click on Tools above and select Wiki. In the Wiki, there are links to several PDI lists. Most are geared toward new RVs but no matter - still good lists to use.

By the way, we have a rally planned in Michigan in 2011 and not far from you, our North American rally will be held in Goshen, IN in 2011. These are AWESOME opportunities for you to:
1. Meet other Heartland Owners
2. Learn more about your rig from the experts - long-time Heartland owners.

Have fun and hope to meet you in 2011!

Jim

On Edit: As your unit is a 2006, do yourself a favor and go over all exterior caulking carefully to ensure there are no seal voids before you put it away for the winter. Caulking deteriorates over time with exposure to UV and hot/cold temps. Caulked seals are up on the roof, along the front and rear caps and other areas.

Thank you for the tip I will ask the Stealer about the roof inspection at pick up, I am buying it from Kitsmiller RV in Holt Mi. (Mason) and have have a good experience with them so far.

I probably wont winterize it this winter as I will be staying in it most likely in Chattanooga, TN for work

If I am in Mi. when this happens I will try to make it. Thanks for the invite

Buford445

If you need a PDI list, click on Tools above and select Wiki. In the Wiki, there are links to several PDI lists. Most are geared toward new RVs but no matter - still good lists to use.

Ok I am NEW but I can't find the PDI's in WIKI I must be Missing Something :confused: