12 volt electrical additions

manderson

Just purchased a 2009 Big Horn 3600RE. Need to upgrade the 12 volt options, like two 80 watt solar panels, stereo with inside and outside speakers and an inverter for running some of those small 110 volt appliances. Has anyone added any of these items and is there a way of running wires through out the trailer?

2010augusta

Michael, Welcome to the Heartland Owner Forum. There are several owner you have added Solar panel and other 12 power stuff. you might read through the Solar and Wind power threads in the general area HERE.

I did move the thread to a better discussion area.

SmokeyBare

Manderson,

Many have added solar panels to their RV. If you do a search in the forums you should get plenty reading to keep you busy for a spell.

To cover a few of your questions about adding solar. I ran wires from the panels from the roof down through the Fridge vent then routed them in conduit to the front of the RV where I connected them to a Charge Controller.

Others have used a tank vent to run wires through, then by drilling a hole where ever they bring the wires once again back out of the vent pipoe... they then seal the hole where the wires came through very well with a caulking.

Hope this is some help for you. I'm sure others will offer their comments as well.

Good Luck !

Last edited: